Manager, Leadership Giving (Ontario)
Manager, Leadership Giving (Ontario)
Are you a collaborative, entrepreneurial and strategic fundraising professional who would like to be a part of a bold fundraising initiative? Join JDRF Canada as our Campaign to Accelerate rallies volunteers from coast to coast to help us raise $100 million to bring innovative and life-changing therapies to patients and families faster, and to ensure that Canadians living with T1D have greater access to lifesaving technology and mental health supports that help more people thrive.
We have the opportunity for an experienced Major Gifts fundraiser to join our Leadership Giving team for a 16-month contract role (maternity/parental leave coverage). The role of Manager, Leadership Giving supports the development strategies for a pool of major gifts prospects in the Ontario Region including prospect cultivation, donor stewardship and growth of major gifts in collaboration with other members of the Development team.
Here’s what your primary responsibilities would be:
- Develop and implement strategies to increase revenue of major gift giving among existing and potential donors and partners
- Complete moves management activity that results in retention and migration of current portfolio
- Grow and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects through the development of cultivation and solicitation plans to close major gifts ($5,000-$100,000)
- Build meaningful connections with qualified prospects that result in new and diverse revenue streams
- Implement creative strategies and quality stewardship that inspires donors to make multi-year commitment and/or stretch gifts
- Collaborate with a team of major gift professionals to identify and qualify prospects and build appropriate strategies to capture giving potential and with regional team to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence
- Support development of briefing materials, proposals, presentations and reporting for donor, advisor and community foundations meetings
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Knowledge and Experience
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline and a minimum 5 years’ progressive leadership experience in senior fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to identify leadership giving opportunities
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of JDRF to the community at large both
verbally and in all forms of written communication; understanding of type 1 diabetes or auto immune conditions and the process of peer reviewed research is an asset
- Experience building consensus and achieving results in a complex business environment
Working Style and Other Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to manage key relationships and build trust with donors, corporate partners, staff, and volunteers
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with great listening and empathy skills and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to grow major gift program by moving quickly on
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
Other position requirements to note:
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers and stakeholders as needed (up to 30%); a Valid Driver’s License is required
Location Preference: This position will work remotely from home, but preferred location is within the broader Greater Toronto Area or Southwestern Ontario to facilitate ease of travel to donor and volunteer meetings.
Please note this is a temporary role – anticipated to start late April 2023 for approximately 16 months (until September 2024)
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
JDRF Canada has a company culture rooted in our Core Values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk-Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability – if our core values are exemplified in the way that you work, we might be a great fit for each other.
Application Process Details:
Please submit your resume through our careers website by March 10, 2023.
We may review applications as they are received and this position will remain posted until it is filled. Our recruitment process typically includes an initial introductory phone call with an HR team member, and up to two video interviews over MS Teams. Some positions may require a skills-based evaluation to be completed as a part of the recruitment process. We thank all those applicants that apply, but please note only those selected for an introductory phone call will be contacted after their application is submitted.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
In line with our commitment to employee health, safety and well-being, we require all JDRF employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.