Manager, Major Gifts and Partnerships
|Title:||Manager, Major Gifts and Partnerships|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
Regularly scheduled hours Monday to Friday
from 8:30 – 4:30pm
·Some evening and weekend required, resulting in flex scheduling and opportunity to work remotely when needed
|Position duration:||Full time|
|Start date:||April, 2022|
The Cancer Assistance Program (CAP) is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides free services for individuals affected by cancer, living in the greater region of Hamilton and surrounding communities. The Cancer Assistance Program provides practical and essential services that help cancer clients live at home while navigating their cancer journey.
The values which guide CAP’s volunteers and staff, in their day-to-day efforts, are compassion, respect, equity, collaboration and integrity. The staff team works along-side of an expansive group of volunteers who are directly involved in the delivery of CAP’s valuable and FREE services.
The Cancer Assistance Program is a valued partner within the community’s cancer-care network and is committed to future expansion to ensure that those in need of the practical supports offered through CAP, have access to the same.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Manager, Major Gifts and Partnerships provides leadership and critical support in a variety of development and communications activities at the Cancer Assistance Program (CAP). The Manager, Major Gifts and Partnerships is a results-oriented individual who develops strategies to generate major gift revenue, event sponsorships, and legacy giving that align with CAP’s priorities and goals.
The Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Manager of Annual Giving and Fund Development committee in the execution of a major gifts campaign which will include the following activities:
- Research, prepare and provide profiles and reports on potential and identified major gift and event prospects including individuals, foundations, and corporations with the aim to increase financial support.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects, at various stages of research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Mine current database to maximize financial support by evaluating current gifts and relationships
- Develop proposals and solicitation packages and other relevant marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with the CAP Fund Development Board committee to achieve annual revenue, prospect, and donor activity targets of $250,000+
- Prepare monthly committee and board reports
- Manage and monitor the major gift budget
- Work with CAP’s grant writer to create strategic and collaborative funding proposals
- Responds to all major gift donor-based inquiries
- Keep current with major gift, legacy, and sponsorship trends as well as provide updates on community, economic and philanthropic giving.
- Special Events Sponsorship
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Annual Giving, to solicit sponsors for CAP’s three signature events: CARE Walk, Golf Classic and Gala
- Work collaboratively to create sponsorship event marketing collateral and recognition opportunities appropriate for specific events and levels of sponsorship
- Cultivate and steward individual donors, community organizations and businesses to achieve sponsorship targets leading to increased revenue and awareness in the community
- Legacy/Planned Gifts:
- Manage a planned giving program working with in conjunction with the national CAGP “WILL Power” program.
- Coordinate a social media calendar to promote and celebrate legacy gifts
- Stewardship and Recognition:
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a unique and timely recognition program for all major donors and sponsors
- Develop individual stewardship plans for appropriate donors with the objective of increasing donor engagement and continued support.
- Implement an annual donor recognition event that aligns with CAP’s approved donor recognition policy and create a donor recognition wall that celebrates CAP’s donors.
- Marketing & Communications:
- Work with graphic designer and social media coordinator to oversee the creation of CAP’s case-for-support marketing materials, event sponsorship materials, annual donor stewardship publications and recognition materials
- Manage and update website as needed
- Three to five years’ experience in major gift fundraising with a history of success in securing gifts in the range of $25,000- $250,000
- Strong relationship management skills, with demonstrated success developing and cultivating relationships
- Strategic thinking, attention to detail, and strong project management skills
- Proven research experience leading to securing major gifts and sponsorships
- Experience creating major gift and sponsorship proposals and presentations to targeted donors
- Demonstrated experience in creatively responding to new ways of donor engagement including how to virtually reach, engage and retain donors
- Experience with non-profit database software an asset (Raiser’s Edge, Greater Giving, Mailchimp, WordPress)
- Excellent communication skills to connect with a range of potential prospects and donors
- Ability to work collaboratively with a small highly dedicated staff team.
- Flexibility to work evening/weekends and travel as required
- Valid driver’s license and $2,000,000 Third Party Liability Insurance
- Presentation of a clear vulnerable police clearance check.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2022.