Manager, Marketing & Communications
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally, and we were recently name as one of the World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023. The Hospital was also named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
About North York General Hospital Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
In a highly competitive landscape, the Manager, Marketing & Communications will provide oversight and superb execution of marketing and communications strategies, campaigns and initiatives in support of North York General Foundation’s mission and annual fundraising efforts.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO), the Manager, Marketing & Communications will build, manage and mentor a team of professionals focused on digital marketing, annual giving and communications content development. The incumbent will manage integrated short-and long-term marketing strategies and plans supported by detailed budgets, identified measurable targets and performance goals. The Manager will also play a key role in the development and execution of NYGF and NYGH’s brand campaign to elevate our position in market and garner donor support.
- Develop fully integrated marketing and communication strategies and plans, working with internal and external resources to support fundraising priorities, campaigns, special initiatives, and events across multiple channels (direct mail, email, digital, social, traditional media, experiential, etc)
- Oversee annual giving, digital marketing and communications content development including strategy, planning, asset creation, approvals, execution and reporting to expand the foundation’s presence, enhance segmentation opportunities and drive additional revenue
- Support the CMCO in the development and execution of the foundation and hospital’s brand campaign, including liaising with external agencies and vendors
- Develop in collaboration with the CMCO, the annual direct response, marketing communications and tribute business plans including specific and measurable goals and outcomes
- Maintain an understanding of annual budgets and ensure campaigns and initiatives are developed in accordance
- Apply proven cost effective and results-driven marketing approaches to all fundraising channels
- Collaborate across foundation departments (philanthropy, events, stewardship, etc) to amplify fundraising campaigns, ideas and initiatives through compelling marketing tactics
- Work collaboratively with the Hospital’s Corporate Communications department to ensure alignment on shared communications priorities, keep informed about each portfolio’s deliverables, and identify synergies/opportunities
- Ensure that brand standards, messaging and style guidelines are adhered to in all materials, and that written materials are appealing and aligned to the NYGH brand
- Keep abreast of the latest marketing and communications best practices, insights and trends to amplify and improve plans and tactics
- Build and maintain a network of mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders to help facilitate the achievement of marketing, communications and organizational goals
- Manage three direct reports (Sr Digital Marketing Manager, Annual Giving Sr Officer, Sr Communications Specialist) and provide coaching, mentorship, and evaluations, and manage outside resources, where required.
- Contribute to a positive, dynamic, future-focused culture to help establish the foundation’s success
- 7+ years of experience in marketing and communications, with experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or health care preferred
- University degree, ideally with a marketing focus or a degree where relevance can be demonstrated
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans, fundraising campaigns, direct marketing and digital/social campaigns, event launches and new initiatives
- Demonstrated writing at a high level
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing in both mail and digital required
- A proven track record in brand management and an ability to develop key messaging for the organization
- Experience in a management role leading a team in a complex environment as well as proven experience in team performance assessment using appropriate metrics and reviews as well as ongoing coaching and accountability processes
- Extraordinarily creative and innovative mind coupled with a highly effective communication style and persuasive abilities
- Experience in the use of data analytics to inform and drive revenue, and enhance engagement and investment effectiveness
- A proactive individual with strong relationship building skills, the ability to work autonomously and to lead by example
- Ability to work under pressure, plan, organize and prioritize work
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the hospital is essential
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office 3 days per week. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $95,000-$105,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by November 4, 2022. Please reference Manager, Marketing & Communications in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.