Manager, Monthly Donor Acquisition
A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Manager, Monthly Donor Acquisition
(Permanent; Full time; Remote, based in Toronto)
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Donor Acquisition, the Manager, Monthly Donor Acquisition, is responsible for implementing and ongoing management of acquisition marketing campaigns to help grow UNICEF Canada’s Monthly Giving portfolio.
The manager will work closely with the Deputy Director to grow the donor base and with a focus on non-digital activities.
With specific focus on acquisition and external partnership management, the Manager, Monthly Donor Acquisition is responsible for managing activities to acquire new donors and revenue goals up to $2M annually from Face to Face and Telemarketing channels and programs.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Acquisition & Partnership Management (50%)
- Develop strategy and business plans in collaboration with Deputy Director, Donor Acquisition for new monthly donor acquisition.
- Manage acquisition campaigns with a focus on Face to Face and Telemarketing channels and programs. Work with key internal stakeholders and external partners to execute a robust donor conversion & reactivation program.
- Lead all day-to-day aspects of external partner relationships including reporting, training and quarterly program reviews.
- Provide ongoing KPI evaluation, reporting and results optimization
- In partnership with Deputy Director, Donor Acquisition investigate, evaluate and recommend new acquisition opportunities and tactics.
- Work with external partners and members of the Donor Retention team to acquire quality donors and reduce attrition in first three months of donor lifecycle.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional teams.
- Manage all relevant budgets including expense management of $5M – $6M annually for Monthly donor acquisition activity maintaining and updating detailed monthly financial spreadsheets and forecasts.
- Recommend and test new approaches to increase market penetration for acquisition activities within Canada, leveraging national and international program best practices.
- Deliver analysis of daily, weekly and monthly campaign metrics to enable quicker reaction time for program optimization, gap closing and planning.
- Monitor results, complete analysis to track progress, improve results and provide ongoing strategic input.
Strategic & Operational Planning (15%)
- Work with Deputy Director and internal & external partners to develop the strategy, annual plan and budget for the Monthly Donor Acquisition portfolio with a focus on managing the overall ROI.
- Participate in annual contract negotiation process with external partners.
- Assess and recommend best practices provided by UNICEF Monthly Giving specialists and other UNICEF NatComs,
- Conduct ongoing assessment of acquisition KPIs to identify issues and actionable insights to improve performance.
- Gather industry best practices to recommend and implement new program opportunities and improvements thru regular sector monitoring, networking and collaboration with global UNICEF colleagues and other UNICEF Natcoms.
- Share best practices with global UNICEF colleagues and NatComs as appropriate.
Administration and Expense Management (5%)
- Manage quarterly budget planning for non-digital channels with quarterly reconciliation for the acquisition portfolio.
- Work with Deputy Director, Donor Acquisition on budget/P&L, including maintaining and updating detailed monthly financial spreadsheets and forecasting.
- Provide annual forecast and revenue and expense calendarization of activities within portfolio.
- Present weekly status updates on key areas of the program and participate in annual and quarterly performance updates.
- Ensure all documentation regarding expenses & donor documentation are up to date and accurate.
People Management (10%)
- Develop effective, motivated team to achieve common goals with clearly defined accountabilities, which are aligned with the overall strategy.
- Recruit, retain and develop an effective and motivated team to achieve common team goals.
- Conduct goal setting planning as well as quarterly and year-end performance reviews for direct reports as established by organization processes.
- Encourage, coach and foster opportunities for development and personal growth.
- Support employee engagement strategies as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five (5) plus years relevant work experience including experience in customer/donor acquisition.
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing or a related field or equivalent years’ work experience
- Strategic & analytical thinking and financial acumen with an understanding of drivers of donor acquisition ROI & Long-Term Value
- Digital marketing familiarity with an emphasis on acquisition campaigns
- Experience with business planning, budgeting & forecasting
- Experience managing multiple internal & external partners to deliver programs and results.
- Experience with sales training
- Demonstrated experience planning, executing and measuring successful multichannel direct response marketing campaigns with an innovation and test and learn orientation, with an emphasis on Monthly giving.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task to deliver quality programs on time and on budget
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven strong work ethic with a proactive approach to delivering on results;
- Self-motivated, team oriented individual who believes in proactive and transparent communication and frequently collaborating with peers;
- A keen interest in the work and mission of UNICEF Canada;
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar relational database (an asset)
Salary Range: $63,500 to $77,500 per year.
What we offer
UNICEF Canada strongly supports workplace wellness and offers the following benefits:
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits with Health Care Spending Account
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Employer contributions (5%) to Group Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- 2 paid personal days
- 10 paid sick days
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- 3 weeks of annual leave (vacation time increases with time served)
- One additional day of vacation on the anniversary of each year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Staff Appreciation Days.
- Currently offering Remote work option.
- Learning and Development Opportunities.
- Discounted rate for a GoodLife membership.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 20, 2023. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Manager, Monthly Donor Acquisition” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.