Manager, Monthly Giving
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, non-profit organization that prides itself on its entrepreneurial, science-based, collaborative approach to achieving conservation success. Since its establishment in 1962, NCC and its supporters have protected more than 14 million hectares (35 million acres) of natural habitat and special places across Canada. NCC has regional offices across the country with a national office in Toronto.
The National Marketing and Development team at NCC seeks a full-time Manager, Monthly Giving (12-months contract). Reporting directly to the Director, Integrated Marketing and Fundraising, the candidate will be responsible for developing the Monthly Giving strategy, for managing the day-to-day operations of the Monthly Giving program and for stewarding NCC monthly donors. The successful candidate will plan, design, implement, and evaluate all components of the Monthly Giving Program including telemarketing, direct mail, digital, face-to-face, and other campaigns.
The position requires a professional individual with previous experience in developing and managing direct response, digital, multi-channel and/or monthly giving fundraising programs.
Under the direction of the Director, Integrated Marketing & Fundraising:
- Set goals and KPI targets for the Monthly Giving program
- Lead the development of a monthly donor case for support
- Develop and implement key initiatives to further enhance the Monthly Giving program
- Identify and implement strategies and tactics to acquire new monthly donors, in particular leveraging digital opportunities to grow the file and enhance the monthly giving experience
- Oversee the monthly donor journey to optimize monthly donors’ lifetime value
- Manage the development and implementation of all campaigns related to monthly giving, including outbound telephone, direct mail, email, face-to-face and others
- Execute all campaigns with a digital-first approach, leveraging various digital tactics to drive or support campaign results
- Report on monthly giving campaign performance metrics: ensure that all campaigns are tracked and can be reported on accurately
- Interpret data related to monthly giving campaigns and analyze results on a regular basis, providing recommendations for improvement when possible
- Manage third-party vendors who conduct monthly giving campaigns
- Manage the budget related to execution of all monthly giving activities
- Oversee the cultivation of monthly donors to ensure lifetime values are optimized
- Ensure monthly giving collateral is kept up to date (letters and emails)
- Prepare files and send monthly donor stewardship letters to the fulfillment house on a regular basis
- Oversee the annual receipting schedule for monthly donors
Monthly giving research
- Provide insights to enhance NCC’s organizational understanding of its monthly donor database
- Proactively assess the market for monthly giving best practices and make recommendations to the Director, Integrated Marketing & Fundraising, to yield stronger results or improve NCC’s monthly donor cultivation plan
- Represent NCC at sector wide monthly giving events
- Be the monthly giving expert for NCC, championing this form of giving for all stakeholders
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the NCC’s core values and mission statement
- University degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant field
- Experience (3 years+) in developing and managing direct response, digital, multi-channel and/or monthly giving fundraising programs
- Well versed in digital marketing tactics and techniques, and their application to the monthly donor experience
- Strong project management skills: planning, organizing, maintaining project scope and delivering things on time and on budget
- Avid learner, with the ability to stay on top of the latest fundraising trends and innovative practices
- Strong critical thinking and ability to make good decisions that support built objectives
- Ability to think strategically in line with NCC’s Marketing and Development goals
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and working with data: ability to synthetize meaningful insights from data files
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Knowledge of databases and systems, in particular Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate Online
- Previous experience managing third party vendors
- Previous experience managing annual budgets
Terms & conditions
- Terms of Employment: 12-months Contract
- Start date: January 5, 2022
- Location: National Office at 245 Eglinton Avenue E, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1 or remote
Application Process and Deadline:
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre by November 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
Please note that in-person office attendance, carpooling with co-workers to NCC properties or events, and in-person attendance at any indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your job the expectation is that you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.
Salary range: $64k-$80k