Manager of Data and Research
Position Title: Manager of Data and Research
THE RIDLEY DIFFERENCE
Founded in 1889, Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school with over 700 students in JK to grade 12 from more than 50 countries worldwide. The Ridley experience integrates a traditional liberal arts education with individual learning enhanced by the principles of positive psychology, the International Baccalaureate continuum program, a learner-driven culture and campus community, exceptional athletics and dynamic arts programs, and a commitment of service to others. This unique combination prepares meaningful and flourishing lives by teaching the habits of mind, body and spirit, and the values needed to lead in a global society.
Ridley College is located on 90 acres in St. Catharines, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and is comprised of a stunning blend of century old buildings housing modernized technology.
Ridley offers the prospect of being part of a high-performance team in a nourishing workplace community that encourages collaboration, innovation, inclusivity and curious minds, and where grit and perseverance are assets. Joining the team at Ridley means you are committed to life-long learning and development, have integrity, and value being of service in a richly diverse community. We cultivate the full potential in each of our students by having a caring, committed and world-class team. Attracting, developing and retaining people who thrive in Ridley’s positive education culture that recognizes and celebrates individual strengths is critical to our success.
Ridley College is looking for a Manager of Data and Research Services to lead the area of research and data services within the Development department and in support of the school’s overall mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager of Data and Research Services will inform and align priorities, goals, and objectives for programs within the department including research data management and software support as well as operational processes that accommodate growth and efficient fundraising activity.
- Supports all fund-raising initiatives.
- Oversee overall management of data entry, data output, prospect identification and research and data/research training.
- Utilize our database and other demographic analytics to meet and exceed fundraising goals.
- Develop procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database information.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement changes to processes that will improve operational effectiveness with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Manage and supervise data, gift-entry and receipting processes.
- Continuously improve the quality of alumni and donor data through the identification and execution of best practices.
- Document and regularly update procedures manual.
- Advise on proper procedures ensuring accurate recording of gifts.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain database policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities.
- Ensure the database can produce targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc., for Advancement and for other constituents school-wide as needed.
- Extract information from alumni/fund-raising database to meet reporting and research needs of the Development department; produce alumni and donor activity reports.
- Develop, implement, and manage the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with strong emphasis on major gifts prospect management.
- Ensure Director of Development has efficient, effective tracking systems to support cultivation and solicitations.
- Ensure accurate reporting for Board and Committee meetings.
- Provide full services support for comprehensive campaign including tracking next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
- Develop donor prospect lists and analyze current donor prospect lists for cultivation and solicitation.
- Implement data driven direct mail appeals and evaluate appeal responses based on donor segments to identify giving trends.
- Interface with finance department regarding fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting.
- Provide financial reports to the Foundations when needed.
- Flexible schedule to attend events in evenings or weekends if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field such as information studies or library science;
- Masters degree in Library Science;
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices;
- Knowledge of charitable tax receipting laws in Canada;
- Previous leadership experience in advancement services;
- 7+ years of related experience;
- Previous work with Raiser’s Edge software considered an asset;
- Independent school experience preferred;
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office (Word, and Excel);
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader, as well as independently; ability to train, inspire, and motivate others;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office, ability to maintain composure under pressure;
- Highly organized, self-starter with good problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information;
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes;
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and, a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through: https://easyapply.co/job/manager-of-data-and-research?rcid=afp
Deadline for applications: June 6, 2022
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Screening Report must be provided. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Ridley College is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible and equitable environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used in order to ensure your equal participation.
“We inspire flourishing lives to transform our globe.”