Manager of Events and Engagement
Community Living Mississauga is searching for a Manager of Events and Engagement to join our team.
Why Join our Team?
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
The Community Living Mississauga Manager of Philanthropy and Community Engagement is responsible for overseeing the overall fundraising, event coordination and community partnerships for the organization and will advance, uphold, and support the organization’s trusted and well-earned reputation. Working under the guidance of a Director, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws regarding charitable donations.
- Create, evaluate, and manage annual fundraising strategic plans and budget through monthly meetings with Director
- Spearhead the philanthropy department and increase capacity through a variety of revenue sources and building upon established events
- Liaise with and provide professional support to committee volunteers to ensure timely and well-executed events and/or activity.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing donors, including cultivating legacy giving and growing Foundation donors.
- Manage all event committee meetings and other volunteer activities. Coordinate the preparation of volunteer resources such as briefing notes, research information, and solicitation debriefings.
- Accurately maintain and oversee the tracking system on fundraising activities with current records, actions, and reports within the donor database.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with sponsors and donors
- Represent the organization at a variety of events
- Research, identify opportunities and write grant proposals
- Responsible to provide quarterly reports identifying updates and progress on established goals that are measurable, tracked and analyzed.
- Be knowledgeable of all applicable legislation/policies and consistently apply and enforce
- Complete essential job duties thoroughly in a timely manner as per established target dates
- Demonstrate effective use of technology and the use of all social media platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A University degree or Community College diploma in Fundraising/Event Management or Resource Development
- A minimum of 5 years full time experience in fundraising
- A minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience preferred
- Must be able to work within a flexible daytime, evening and weekend schedule
- Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a wide variety of people and interests
- Budgeting and financial planning skills, ability to manage time on priority tasks
- Experience in working with and motivating volunteers
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Prior experience working with Resource Development software
- Social media savvy
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G and Insurance as well as access to a reliable vehicle
- Previous experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability an asset
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/.