Manager of Monthly Giving
Manager of Monthly Giving
For forty years, we have maintained a steadfast dedication to our mission: supporting the vulnerable youth who come through our doors. To this day, we remain committed to this duty.
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of 24-7 services to an average of 280 young people each day.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
More than a place to stay, we provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals. We offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute 75 per cent of our $40-million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services.
Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Monthly Giving Manager is to lead the revenue development of the monthly giving program while continuously monitoring the overall health of the program. This position will have end-to-end oversight over the program and will develop strategies utilizing multi-channels to acquire new monthly donors, convert house file single donors and manage upgrade campaigns.
This individual will work closely with colleagues across direct response to develop and execute campaigns that will increase the lifetime value of this donor group. They will also work with the data services and donor services teams to provide the best donor experience by improving processes, practices, and systems.
Planning and Strategy Development
- Develop and socialize the implementation plan and provide leadership to a cross-functional team to execute an integrated multi-channel acquisitions campaign focused on growing the monthly giving portfolio, improving retention, and winning-back and converting supporters to recurring giving.
- Oversee the monthly donor journey and experience to optimize monthly donors’ life-time value.
- Work with the digital and traditional fundraising direct response team to ensure cross-promotion where opportunities exist and monthly campaigns are optimized across channels for monthly conversion, upgrade and single gift strategies.
- Work with the Manager of Legacy Giving to identify key prospects and coordinate communication messaging and cadence.
- Work with the Managers of Stewardship and Donor Services to provide a consistent and thorough onboarding experience and management of donation processing and fulfillment followed by impact updates.
- Develop strategies and tactics to improve retention, acquisition, and upgrade metrics utilizing feedback mechanisms and best practices.
- Create and manage annual revenue and expense budgets by campaign and channel.
- Implement and manage the day to day activities of all campaigns related to monthly giving including inbound and outbound telephone, direct mail, email, and other online channels.
- Work with data services, vendors and digital teams to develop tracking and reporting tools.
- Leverage and or develop and execute multichannel campaigns internally or through media agency
Data Analysis and Reports
- Interpret data related to monthly giving campaigns and analyze results on a regular basis, providing recommendations for improvement when possible.
- Ensure excellent data hygiene practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years in management position.
- 5 to 7 years experience developing and manage direct response, digital, multi-channel and/or monthly giving fundraising programs.
- Experience in digital marketing tactics and techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience managing annual budgets and strategic planning.
- Ability to work with data and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Has excellent understanding of data hygiene best practices and PCI requirements.
- Knowledge of Engaging Networks or other eMarketing platforms.
- Experience with social media platforms for acquisition programs.
- Proven track record developing and achieving revenue growth
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What we offer:
- Meaningful work.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and more)
- Paid vacation time
- Employee perks
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (please include cover letter in the same document as the resume) https://covenanthouse.applytojob.com/ no later than November 23rd, 2022. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.
To ensure the safety of our staff, youth and volunteers, Covenant House Toronto has implemented a mandatory COVID 19 Vaccination Policy in compliance with the City of Toronto. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, exemptions will only be granted to individuals based on applicable medical/religious grounds.