Manager of Philanthropy
Kawartha Land Trust (KLT) is a dynamic land conservation charity with a 20-year history of growth. Our mission is caring for lands entrusted to us and helping others protect the land they love in the Kawarthas. We do this by accepting donations of ecologically-significant lands and/or interest in lands and by engaging the community in support of this work through gifts of time and money to ensure those lands are cared for, in perpetuity.
Our successes have been achieved through the work of our dedicated and growing group of volunteers and donors. We are well respected in both the year-round and cottage communities and have a reputation for taking excellent care of our land, and making new conservation projects happen.
For more information on the Kawartha Land Trust and to consider further if you may be a fit for this opportunity, see KLT’s website, online/media or social media presence.
You will be working with and reporting directly to our motivated Executive Director who is experienced in fundraising and excited to be fully engaged in the process. Our Board and Trustees are committed to seeing the organization grow and all of the resources are in place to see significant growth in Annual, Major and Planned Giving as well as various campaign initiatives.
The Manager of Philanthropy will be responsible for all philanthropic revenue generating activities as well as overseeing all marketing and communications for KLT. Inspiring your staff and volunteer team, you will bring expertise and acumen to our annual fundraising efforts (including annual appeals, planned giving, major gifts and grant applications) while supporting special campaigns as necessary.
You will be the primary fundraising officer for KLT and will sit on the management team responsible for setting and executing the strategic direction of the organization.
The position will:
- Serve as the functional expert on fundraising best practices, tactics and strategy that boost donor engagement and fundraising results to realize ambitious goals
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop, establish and carry out fundraising program strategies to enhance and grow revenue through existing and emerging opportunities
- Engage the Executive Director, Board and Trustees as appropriate to advance high-level, high-impact philanthropic relationships, planning and coordinating their cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts
- Cultivate and manage long term relationships with foundations and individual donors including managing a portfolio of Major Donor relationships
- Provide direction for Salesforce database management and reporting needs while ensuring accuracy and completeness of information entered by their team
- Manage the Communications Coordinator to ensure donor centric communications are aligned with fundraising strategy and that support is provided for engagement communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of demonstrated fundraising experience in a mid-sized organization with a related degree/diploma or equivalent combination of other education and work experience
- Experience in a supervisory role and motivating staff, the Board and volunteers in the planning and execution of various fundraising approaches
- Demonstrated project management skills and excellent organizational skills; effective at managing multiple priorities and deliverables in an ever-changing landscape. Ability to multi-task, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a bustling, fast-paced environment
- A “can do,” solutions-focused problem solver, able to identify issues, generate solutions and make recommendations or resolve problems as required
- Ability to work flexible hours and accommodate occasional unplanned requests
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Valid Ontario drivers license and reliable access to a car
- Passion for and/or experience in environment and conservation sector
- Experience participating in or leading a transformational campaign
- CFRE Designation
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Prior experience in meeting and event organization (in-person and virtual)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and a creative design sense
How to Apply
- Your application should include a resume and a cover letter as one document, which specifically addresses how your skills and qualifications relate to the job tasks and responsibilities. Please include in your cover letter a summary of why you think the work of Kawartha Land Trust is important.
- Send application as a PDF or Word document with the following file name format: Last Name_First Name_KLT_Manager of Philanthropy.
- Email your cover letter and resume in one document to Executive Director, John Kintare at email@example.com with the subject line “Manager of Philanthropy Application” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
KLT values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request for all aspects of the recruitment process. Please note however that at this time, KLT offices are not wheelchair accessible.
Thank you for your interest in the Kawartha Land Trust. Although we appreciate all applicants taking the time to express their interest in joining the Kawartha Land Trust team, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.