Manager of Stewardship and Impact
Manager of Stewardship and Impact
About NEXT Canada:
NEXT Canada is a national charity committed to founder development in support of our mission to increase national prosperity through entrepreneurship. We succeed with the support of a network of international academics, investors, mentors, corporate partners, and donors. Since 2010, NEXT has championed an ambitious and competitive Canada through founder and skills development across three distinct programs: Next 36, Next Founders, and Next AI.
NEXT Canada’s programs are structured around four distinct pillars: Education, Mentorship, Networking and Investment. This unique blend of elements has supported 1000+ alumni in launching 400+ ventures that have raised over $2 billion.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager of Stewardship and Impact will be a vital part of the Advancement team, and a key contributor to fundraising performance and establishing high-value relationships with donors, corporate partners (including in-kind), program participants, and alumni.
This role spans four critically important functions:
- Donor, corporate partner, and alumni stewardship
- Donor and corporate partner renewals
- Corporate volunteer leadership
- Strategic execution of impact evaluation and reporting across all lines of business
Our ideal candidate will be creative, insightful and detail-oriented with an appetite to engage our broad supporter community. Your methodical approach to your work will complement existing systems to maintain donor engagement strategies while ensuring optimal program impact.
In addition, you will understand and contribute to organization-wide strategy decisions and will share your perspective on issues that will advance the organization and its mission.
Working in a rigorous office environment, the ideal candidate balances a high degree of professionalism with equal regard for fun and enjoyment. We are searching for a consummate professional who is an outstanding team player.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages the implementation of NEXT’s stewardship program while identifying new and innovative practices to increase and improve supporter engagement.
- Acts as the primary contact for NEXT’s corporate partners and donors and supports any incoming requests or enquiries.
- Works closely with the Director of Development to develop tailored recognition strategies for major supporters including recognition and naming activities associated with annual, in-kind, and major gifts.
- Develops meaningful engagement and communication opportunities for NEXT’s supporter network whether that be through emails, personalized letters, videos, or in person activities.
- Works cross functionally with internal and external teams to ensure the activation of partnership and donor deliverables, while enabling a strong and uncompromised supporter presence across NEXT activities (particular focus on program engagement and marketing recognition opportunities).
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team to develop content, stories, and various other public recognition opportunities for NEXT Canada’s supporters.
- Creates and disseminates personalized stewardship reports (including annual donor reports and quarterly partner reports).
- Coordinates stewardship events for donors and partners, as well as cultivation events when appropriate.
- Creates and maintains donor recognition lists, and online donor wall.
- Maintains all Salesforce records for donors, partners, and volunteers – with particular focus on ensuring a comprehensive understanding of supporter preferences.
- Maintains NEXT’s stewardship matrix and terms of reference to ensure it is up to date, effectively utilized and properly accounted for.
- Coordinates potential development/mission trips, which could involve collaboration with corporate partners and industry leaders.
- Supports the creation of timely and meaningful impact and outcome reporting to donors and foundations.
- Coordinates briefing notes, donor profiles, and sector analysis.
Corporate Leadership Volunteers
- Leads monthly corporate meetings with corporate partner contacts, and maintains regular communication to ensure proper execution of stewardship deliverables.
- Works with corporate volunteers/mentors to coordinate their engagement with our program.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager of Development to ensure seamless functionality of the Advancement Office (this includes cross over training).
- Monitor media/current affairs for insights relating to existing and prospective supporters.
- Acts as the advancement lead on key impact publications (annual report / donor reports / economic impact report etc.) by ensuring compelling impact information, and profound examples of a personal and qualitative nature.
- Manages the design, execution and evaluation of NEXT’s impact strategy, working alongside other NEXT departments to ensure its success. This includes:
- geographic, sectoral, cultural and other metrics of diversity
- economic impact, and other indicators of venture success
- reporting that corresponds with the expectations of donors and supporters
- establishing benchmarks and measures for success
- Works cross-functionally to integrate stewardship and impact deliverables into recruitment strategies, end-of-program survey, and alumni census
- Proactively identifies trends to inform NEXT’s future strategy
- Provides support and assists with events and campaign activities
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral), and an understanding of the importance of being able to speak/write from the perspective of different campaign leaders.
- Exceptional capabilities with Google & Microsoft Suite.
- Experience working with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases is essential.
- Proven project management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and work with cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of experience within fundraising and stewardship roles.
- Experience communicating with C-Suite executives and senior business leaders.
- Comfort with ambiguity with strong problem-solving skills.
Pay and Benefits
Salary Band: $55,460 – $95,000 (Hiring Target: $68,000 – $72,000)
Report to: Director of Development
NEXT Canada offers an RRSP program and a generous benefits package.
Additional Information: This is an in-office role with opportunities to work from home occasionally. In addition, this role may require travel at the expense of NEXT Canada as well as occasional work outside of office hours for events.
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, we welcome all qualified candidates to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of color, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
NEXT Canada is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team, and accordingly encourages applications from qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our organization. Apply here.