Manager, Special Projects & Campaigns
To express your interest in this position, please submit your application using this link https://bit.ly/36EDuJi.
About SHN Foundation:
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in Canada, Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN Foundation) inspires the support necessary to improve patients’ lives through exceptional care at Scarborough Health Network across three hospitals and eight satellite sites. Since its inception, the Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds needed to build state-of-the-art infrastructure and purchase the latest medical technology, supporting SHN’s vision to be Canada’s leading community teaching health network.
SHN Foundation has launched its $100 million fundraising campaign to support expanded emergency departments, integrated communities of care, accessible medical imaging and barrier-free mental health care.
Our first ever mass marketing campaign, titled Love, Scarborough, aims to close Toronto’s health care gap by driving donations not just from Scarborough, but across the GTA. The integrated campaign can be found on TV, radio, cinema, print, and online. Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
Reporting to the President & CEO and working in partnership with both the Special Advisor and VP Philanthropy, this role will manage key activities in support of our current $100M campaign for SHN and planning for the next campaign.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about fundraising in a healthcare organization. They should be organized, energetic, and a self-starter, with proven experience in campaign coordination and management in a philanthropic environment.
- Assists the President & CEO and the Special Advisor with senior administrative support, including prospect/donor management and coordination. Schedules and prepares for meetings with donors for the CEO and Special Advisor, including briefing notes, meeting materials and logistics. May attend donor meetings to prepare notes and follow up materials. Coordinates key donor follow up as needed, and tracking in donor database.
- Drafts correspondence including letters, proposals, and briefing notes for the CEO. Drafts presentations using new and existing material, in partnership with Marketing & Communications team.
- Develops and/or manages and coordinates a wide range of documents including correspondence, meeting notes, strategic briefs, proposals, reports and any other special reports required by the President & CEO.
- Manages the campaign plan, timelines and milestones in alignment with the campaign strategy developed by the President & CEO, Special Advisor and VP Philanthropy. Maintains the master campaign calendar and tracks milestones, ensuring key activities are aligned with the plan, including cultivation events, focus groups, committee meetings, etc. Develops concrete plans with start dates and deliverables for the campaign overall and key campaign constituencies.
- Supports the campaign budget as directed by the VP Finance, President & CEO, and VP Philanthropy. Tracks planning assumptions for revenue and expenses, informed by the key campaign milestones and investments identified in the plan. Works in concert with the VP Finance and team to ensure donation reporting is accurate by project and that gift acceptance is compliant with Foundation policies.
- Manages internal and external meetings for the CEO as needed, such as Campaign Strategy Committee and Campaign Cabinet Executive. Drafts agendas and meeting materials, manages files and historical information, prepares meeting notes, tracks outcomes, deliverables and prospect activity, etc.
- Manages logistics for meetings, donor events, tours and activities. Works with team colleagues to ensure coordination and alignment between campaign volunteer committees (e.g., the Campaign Cabinet, Campaign Leadership Committee and other campaign sectors as needed), activities and events.
- As a project manager, liaises with appropriate staff regarding tasks and deliverables, coordinating across areas and managing to deadline.
- Performs cross-functional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a registered charity in a fundraising capacity, preferably within a campaign
- Experience organizing, implementing and guiding transformational campaigns
- Excellent at writing, Power Point, and visual presentation
- Superior planning, organization, and time management skills
- Proficient in constituent relationship management (CRM) tools and software (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Dynamics365, Raiser’s Edge, or Donor Perfect)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience and understanding of donor and volunteer management (particularly high value philanthropists, community leaders, and business executives)
- Ethical and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekend
- Use of a car, to travel between hospital sites
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in fundraising, sales, or marketing (or similar field)
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector (in a fundraising role)
- Membership in a fundraising association, e.g. Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP), Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA), and/or Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Project management certification/designation (PMP, CAPM)
- Annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000 depending on applicable experience
- Compensation is supplemented by an annual performance bonus, a robust benefit program, and other perquisites
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J0322-1808
Job Title: Manager, Special Projects & Campaigns
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General site; travel is required to other sites as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Application Deadline: April 29, 2022