Manager, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Humber River Hospital Foundation
Job Description: Manager, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Lighting New Ways in Healthcare – Humber River Hospital is on the forefront of combining leading-edge technology with next level compassion. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new Hospital we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue reinventing patient care well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for lighting new ways in healthcare.
Please refer to the Foundation website www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Hospital website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
As a key member of the Donor Engagement team, the Manager, Stewardship & Donor Engagement is responsible and accountable for the strategic development, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of the Foundation’s stewardship and donor recognition program including major gift donor stewardship, naming proposals, stewardship reports, donor events, on-going donor communications and implementing donor recognition at the Hospital.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications & Donor Engagement, the successful candidate will be a forward-thinking and experienced leader who will work as part of the Foundation team to support an ambitious fundraising agenda by providing overall strategic leadership and management for the donor relations and stewardship activities across all fundraising programs within the Humber River Hospital Foundation. The Manager, Stewardship & Donor Engagement will develop and consistently deliver exceptional donor experiences that build trusted and loyal relationships, and which truly differentiate the Foundation from other institutions by creating a leading stewardship and donor relations program.
- VP, Communications & Donor Engagement
- Senior Coordinator, Donor Engagement
Stewardship and Donor Relations: 60%
- Work with the Development Team to ensure stewardship activities are donor-centered and fulfilled in a timely manner in accordance with the donor relations matrix
- In conjunction with the VP, build relationships with donors, hospital representatives and volunteers to further stewardship and donor recognition
- Oversee and maintain donor stewardship infrastructure including matrix, policies, guidelines and processes that support quality, timely and efficient fulfillment of stewardship activities to major gift and various donor segments
- Oversee stewardship initiatives including stewardship reports, annual donor reception, site tours, gift announcements and ribbon cuttings
- Oversee key stewardship initiatives for Gifts of Gratitude Program, Star is Born and Humber’s Very Own Campaign
- Manage the annual calendar of donor stewardship mailings and initiatives including timing and strategy for the bi-annual @Humber newsletter, holiday cards, annual report, customized stewardship reports, etc.
- Oversee the development, review and implementation of donor lists used for communications
- Manage the donor story strategy for online and print publications, and liaise with departments across the Hospital on individual donor recognition and stewardship initiatives
- Collaborate with the Information Systems team to implement and maintain the tracking of stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge through the stewardship pipeline
Donor Recognition: 25%
- Oversee the donor naming opportunities program for the Hospital by managing inventory of naming opportunities, creation of naming opportunity presentations as well as overseeing the installations of new donor recognition plaques
- Oversee donor recognition programs including managing donor lists, updates to the digital donor wall, and donor recognition preferences
Strategy Development: 15%
- In collaboration with the VP, develop, implement and evaluate the donor stewardship, recognition and engagement strategy for donor at all levels including major gift and reactivation donors
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
Other duties as required.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
· Minimum of five years’ experience advancing towards a management level, at least three years of which are at a management level; OR a minimum of five years’ experience at a management level with a major commercial brand that has superb customer service and implementation of programs that differentiate their brand from their competitors
· Proven track record in a not-for-profit environment or in the “for-profit” sector specializing in superior customer experience and service
· Proven track record as a skilled leader and manager
· Ability to think at a high level regarding the Hospital and Foundation priorities
· Ability to work within a senior management team
· Ability to think strategically and work proactively, managing competing priorities
· Excellent donor and volunteer relations skills, with a keen sense of diplomacy
· Collaborative mindset, strives to work effectively with cross-functional teams and understands the benefits
· Strong interpersonal skills, a superior ability to build and foster solid relationships, effectively manage complex protocols and expectations
· Ability to rise to new challenges and find creative solutions – resourceful and tenacious
· Strong presence, grit, poise, persuasiveness, and the appropriate confidence to earn credibility with senior management
The culture of Humber River Hospital Foundation is one based on the values of donor-centred, visionary, and inspirational. It is a place where people have a strong understanding of the value they bring to the whole organization. This unique and fulfilling environment will be most attractive to a candidate with a close affinity for the Foundation’s mission and vision.
Job Posting Closes: December 22, 2021
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.