Marketing and Communications Manager
Immediate for Hire
Stella’s Place program integrates DBT, peer support, trauma-informed care, anti-oppressive practice, and anti-racism. Skilled clinicians and peer ambassadors facilitate our counselling and group programs. We aim to create a culture where young adults can feel validated, seen and represented.
We seek a Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager is central to the success of Stella’s Place and an exciting opportunity to shape Stella’s Place through the organization’s communications, engagement, fundraising and stewardship initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Development, this Manager will be responsible for engaging Stella’s Place’s community of donors, funders, partners, participants, volunteers and staff through communications & marketing, annual fundraising, and stewardship activities. This role will also oversee the management of the donor database.
Start Date: Immediate
Work Location: Toronto – Hybrid: in office and temporarily home-based due to COVID-19
This full-time position works 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM
Salary & Benefits: $75,000 – $90,000 per year
Stella’s Place offers a generous health and vacation package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, three weeks of vacation and 15 health days annually. Vacation increases after one year of service.
Mission: Partnering young adults and professionals to provide a collaborative, innovative model of mental health services.
Vision: Healthy, resilient young adults living the lives they choose.
Values: At Stella’s Place, we fundamentally value the capabilities and contributions of young adults as we seek breakthrough innovations that benefit our community and society as a whole.
We also value:
- Inclusiveness, diversity, and equity
- Accessibility and a sharing of knowledge
- Creativity along with a strengths-based approach
The successful candidate will collaborate with the organization to foster a workplace that embraces a diversity of experiences, opinions, and identities, encourages teamwork, and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Marketing & Communications
- Design and implement annual communications and marketing plans to support Stella’s Place’s Development strategic goals and objectives
- Deliver engaging communications to donors and help ensure fundraising targets are met
- Oversee, produce, and distribute new written and visual communications and compelling marketing materials (e.g. annual report, impact report, newsletters, photography, videos, promotional messaging, presentations, deliverables for the development program)
- Craft copy for use across multi-media channels, including digital, social media, print and video
- Oversee website development and performance to drive engagement, revenue, and conversions
- Develop digital and creative strategies to support fundraising activities
- Produce media releases and action alerts related to priority campaigns and programs
- Evaluate media coverage, web analytics, social media, partner deliverables, event attendance, and other metrics to track performance and conversions
- Supervise and mentor the Digital Marketing Officer & Social Media Assistant
- Develop and implement annual campaign fundraising plans
- Meet and/or exceed annual giving revenue targets
- Develop and oversee digital fundraising campaigns
- Oversee and grow Stella’s Place’s Get Reel Film Festival
- Secure and oversee third-party fundraising events (e.g. relationships, logistics, promotion) to increase revenue & satisfaction with the effort
- Design, implement and oversee an annual stewardship plan to recognize, support and grow Stella’s Place’s donor community
- Work collaboratively with the development team to ensure gifts are properly recognized and acknowledged
- Craft and prepare post-event communiqués and thank you letters
- Plan and oversee donor recognition events and activities
- Ensure regular updates of donor wall and donor listings
- Contribute as a senior leader to the ongoing growth, development and scaling of the Stella’s Place delivery model and the development and planning of key organizational strategies
- Report on metrics across annual campaign and marketing strategies to Development Director and Board quarterly at minimum
- Share responsibility for continued improvement of the organization with respect to collaborative, equity-enhancing, values-based delivery of programs, services, and human resource practices
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree in fundraising, communications, marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in communications and marketing
- Minimum of three years of experience in leading a development, communications, or marketing team
- Advanced knowledge and use of internet and email fundamentals, Constant Contact, AKA raisin & Google Suite
- Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and set deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work irregular hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of young adult mental health service issues and solutions would be considered a tremendous asset
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Stella’s Place is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the City of Toronto and our participants. We strongly encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and all those who can provide and contribute to the diversification of perspective at Stella’s Place.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.