Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Position: Permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week, which may include some evening and weekend hours. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual capable of working in a fast-paced, small team environment. The key functions of this position are to collaborate with the ED and Board to develop the marketing and communications strategy for the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter, and to manage and execute this strategy to build and strengthen the Chapter’s brand, membership and sector impact.
Reports to: Executive Director, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter
The Organization: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Toronto Chapter is a recognized leader in promoting philanthropy and providing education, training and best practices for those in the fundraising profession. With more than 1000 members, the Greater Toronto Chapter is the largest of the more than 241 AFP chapters throughout the world.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 33,000 members in more than 241 chapters throughout the world. AFP has inspired global change and supported efforts that have generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s individual and organizational members raise over $115 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America, and millions more around the world.
- Maintains and manages the Chapter website and digital presence
- Creates high profile chapter event web pages
- Develops content for website, eblasts, event and membership recruitment marketing, and social media
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans and strategy related to Chapter programs and membership recruitment
- Works with AFP Greater Toronto Sponsors to ensure specific deliverables are met (e.g., email or blog posts to membership)
- Monitors and provides metrics for outreach performance analysis
- Manages and maintains content for the Chapter’s social media accounts, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Manages and edits content for the Chapter blog, and participates in the development of the Chapter’s blog marketing and outreach strategy
- Works closely with committee volunteers and the Board of Directors on events and projects
- Contributes to the Chapter’s marketing and branding strategy development and implementation
- Manages the Chapters online advertising program and works to reach monthly revenue objectives
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise in the field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A high level of digital literacy with experience in leveraging online communication platforms, information systems and other technology both internally and externally
- Digital marketing communications experience
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using online communication platforms, CMS, WordPress, MailChimp, social media and Google Analytics
- Strong organizational skills – independent self-starter capable of handling multiple projects and competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Experience working with committee volunteers and Board of Directors
- Experience developing, managing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans
- Experience creating graphics for digital platforms, efficient use of image editing software (e.g.) Photoshop and keen eye for design
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and high quality of work
- Interest in the nonprofit sector and fundraising community in Toronto
- Be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 according to provincial government criteria
- Strong aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge
- Experience working with association, membership, registration and event software programs
- Confident, approachable and creative in nature
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, however, the deadline to submit an application is April 25, 2022. Interested candidates should e-mail a copy of their cover letter and resume outlining their relevant experience to email@example.com in order to apply. The salary range for this role is $54,000 to $60,000 per annum.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more details or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org