You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork.
You have strength beyond measure.
YOU are a Marketing Lead.
William Osler Health System and William Osler Health System Foundation invite you to answer the call to make a difference. Our community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy. As Marketing Lead – Osler Foundation, you will develop and produce creative and impactful donor-centric content and communications materials on multiple platforms to raise awareness in the community and enhance relationships. This is your chance to achieve career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
About Osler Foundation
William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) is committed to supporting health care in our community. Never before has the need to provide quality health care close to home been greater within our hospitals. Osler Foundation is excited to expand our team in the pursuit of supporting the health care heroes of our hospital partner, William Osler Health System (Osler System).
Serving one of Canada’s largest multi-site hospital systems, we pride ourselves in connecting the generosity of our community to the needs of our three hospitals – Etobicoke General Hospital, Brampton Civic Hospital, and the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness. Our community, which covers an area with more than 1.3 million people, is one of the most culturally- rich and ethnically-diverse regions in Canada.
The Osler Foundation has just successfully exceeded its 10-year, $100M You have the Power Campaign raising over $109M in support of our three patient care sites. Over the course of the campaign, and thanks to the generosity of our community, Osler Foundation has experienced significant and continued revenue growth. Our secret? Our team has heart. We’re innovative, persistent, and we work together to get the job done.
We are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow.. Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
We are committed to supporting our employees, through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging.
If you are dedicated to providing great health care close to home and are ready to dig in and help us to fulfill our vision of healthier communities through giving – we’ve got a position for you!
Why Join Us?
This is your chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a marketing and communications program for a sector leading fundraising organization that advances the health care needs of people from all over the world and at all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, William Osler Health System is home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
How You Will Make an Impact
Reporting to the Associate Director, Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Lead’s primary focus is to support the marketing and communications work of the William Osler Health System Foundation. The Marketing Lead develops and produces creative and impactful donor-centric content and communications materials on multiple platforms to raise awareness of Osler Foundation in the community and enhance relationships. This role also actively manages digital marketing and digital fundraising activities for Osler Foundation, working on the day-to-day strategy and guiding the digital activation on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working for a not-for-profit or health care organization is preferred, with a strong understanding of internal and external donor and prospect audiences.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels. Digital fundraising experience is considered an asset.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of CP Style and demonstrated ability to source and write compelling stories that demonstrate the impact of giving.
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong organizational, research, interviewing and information-gathering skills, and demonstrated ability to adapt writing styles for various audiences and communications channels.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team to prioritize competing demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and multiple projects.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with Osler’s patient and staff policies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead on the writing, researching and interviewing required to produce a range of internal and external communications vehicles, including print and electronic newsletters, annual report, website and social media content, in order to produce measurable results in awareness, engagement, and brand enhancement.
- Lead the development of Osler Foundation’s digital fundraising strategy, with measurable results in funds raised through online donations. Manage and provide guidance on the execution of the digital fundraising strategy, including development of editorial calendar for all digital channels, oversight on all content to ensure alignment with fundraising goals and key messaging. Work closely with Osler Foundation team to ensure online and offline fundraising strategies and campaigns are integrated and all communications channels are used effectively for the retention and development of supporters.
- Prepare briefing notes and speaking remarks for special events, cultivation events, and Osler Foundation’s activities and ceremonies.
- Assist, as needed, in the writing, design and production of creative and compelling marketing and advertising materials in support of Osler Foundation, including brochures, posters, billboards, promotional items, and advertising.
- Proofread and fact check communications and marketing materials.
- Contribute to the communications and marketing calendar and plan, in alignment with Osler Foundation’s annual business plan.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at Osler Foundation and Hospital on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship.
- Manage the production of videos to support fundraising objectives; includes sourcing stories, creation of storyboards, liaising with videographer to ensure quality of finished product and adherence to project vision.
- Other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: Brampton, hybrid-remote work environment
To apply, please visit us at https://oslerfoundation.org/careers/
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.