Marketing Manager, Annual Giving
Do you want to be part of a bold, daring, and ambitious team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime?
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
As one of the world’s leading cancer charities, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (PMCF) raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world.
For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by our culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events. The foundation’s vision, which will be your vision, is to Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About the Team:
Our Marketing Department’s vision is to create world-class, creative communications in support of all our business functions, leading The PMCF to become Canada’s most respected charitable foundation. Our culture of innovation and collaboration has helped The Princess Margaret to become a highly revered cancer centre that is recognized on the global stage for consistently surpassing our fundraising goals. If you are a relationship builder and problem solver with an exceptional marketing aptitude, a “can-do” attitude, and a strong desire to contribute to our vision to Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
The Marketing Manager, Annual Giving is a key member of the Marketing, Brand and Giving team and is responsible for developing and executing integrated strategies and creative that will increase the engagement of Annual Giving donors at each stage of the donor journey. With an emphasis on retaining existing annual giving donors, and acquiring new donors through our direct response program, the Manager will develop and implement fully integrated direct response campaigns, with an increasing emphasis on digital marketing, social media and email for engagement, retention, win-back and revenue generation. The position reports to the Marketing Director, Annual Giving, and gets support from the Marketing Coordinator, Annual Giving
- Manages the planning and execution of the fundraising marketing plans for Direct Mail, Telemarketing and Digital communication to acquire retain and steward of donors for Annual Giving program
- Achieves annual portfolio objectives for Annual Giving direct mail, telemarketing and online giving objectives
- Manages relationships with partner agencies including direct response agency, advertising, media and marketing platform partners
- Manages the execution of direct mail, email, online direct response campaigns and stewardship initiatives including agency or internal creative service briefings, paid media targeting, donor data strategies and data requests, creative development, tracking & post analysis of campaigns
- Responsible for reporting of revenue, expense and retention targets
- Works collaboratively with internal client contacts across these portfolios to provide strategic marketing support, including senior internal clients at the VP, AVP and Director level
- Works collaboratively with internal partners including Leadership Giving, Creative Team, Business Operations and Business Intelligence teams to ensure smooth day to day operations
- In conjunction with Marketing Director, Annual Giving, monitors progress towards the achievement of fundraising goals and takes action as required
- Monitors and evaluates trends in direct response marketing to identify new opportunities and recommend adjustments to strategies as appropriate
- Takes on special projects related to Direct and Digital or more broadly for the Foundation as requested
- Minimum of 5 years of direct and digital marketing and related experience within a charitable/not-for-profit organization, consumer products environment or an agency
- Proven ability to execute detailed projects and coordinate tasks, working successfully unsupervised to meet deadlines
- Proactive self-starter who works collaboratively but is also comfortable initiating projects and working autonomously
- Experience managing direct and digital communication with donors and prospects
- Experience in managing donor relationships across digital channels
- Experience deploying emails and tracking results, particularly in MailChimp, is an asset
- Familiarity with fundraising software, particularly Blackbaud CRM, is an asset
- Familiarity with donation platforms, particularly Raisin, is an asset
- Experience in fundraising for a healthcare organization, is an asset
- Professional manner, knowledge of general office practices and MS Office suite.
- Passion for our vision: To Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime
- Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless there is an exemption under the Human Rights Code
Why work with us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, incentive pay, health benefits, and Health of Ontario Pension Plan
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and education assistance programs
- Salary Range is $63,000-$82,000 (based on experience)
- While a hybrid work environment exists, time at the office is expected (700 University Avenue, Toronto)
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter by using this link: