National Director, Sponsorship and Events
Canadian Hadassah-WIZO (CHW), a not-for-profit, non-political, non-partisan national network of dedicated volunteers and professionals. Founded by visionary Jewish women in 1917, Canadian Hadassah-WIZO (CHW) is a non-political, nonpartisan, national network of dedicated volunteers who believe that excellence and advancement of education, healthcare, and social services transcends politics, religion, and national boundaries.
The successful incumbent is a skilled fundraising professional who has extensive experience and a proven track record securing both corporate and individual sponsorships, corporate philanthropy, and has executed both large- and small-scale events.
Reporting to the CEO, the National Director, Sponsorship and Events is responsible for the management of all strategies of event fundraising nationally, can cultivate corporate and individual relationships, solicit new prospects, and manage an existing donor base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and growing corporate partnership income from the corporate sector. You must have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a relationship building role with demonstrated success in achieving targets from five figure and six figure multi-year partnerships. You will develop innovative partnerships, oversee a best practices approach to donor management, maximize revenue from existing partners and work across teams within CHW to ensure collaboration and support for corporate sponsorship strategies.
The successful candidate has significant event fundraising experience, is a strong leader and will provide mentorship to the lay leaders, volunteers, and junior staff. Direct report currently includes a National Events Specialist based out of our National office in Toronto.
This is an excellent career-making opportunity for an ambitious fundraising professional who is looking to use a variety of skills and add to their expertise in other areas creating opportunities for growth.
The incumbent will focus in the areas of significant corporate cash and gifts, in-kind product/services, sponsorships, corporate events, and cause marketing campaigns to support our national growth. The Director will be accountable for a $2M (and growing) revenue line generated from sponsorships, fundraising events both nationally and locally. The Director will work closely with centre offices and staff to support them in raising additional event revenue and, where appropriate, grow regional partnerships into national opportunities for support.
NATIONAL DIRECTOR SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Fulltime
Salary Range: (commensurate with experience) plus a benefits package
Competitive employee health & dental benefits three weeks’ vacation, plus all statutory and Jewish Holidays for which the office is closed.
- Drive corporate commitments by identifying, qualifying, and approaching suitable partners
- Maintain and continually grow a dynamic pipeline of prospects
- Proactively identify, cultivate, and solicit sponsorships to achieve fundraising goals.
- Manage and deliver against contracted partnerships, meeting the needs of partners and CHW to ensure all contractual obligations are effectively tracked and delivered within set timelines.
- Maintain and foster strong long-term relationships with all sponsors.
- Develop impactful and compelling multi-year proposals and conduct presentations to prospective partners
- Work closely with the Development and Marketing Teams to deliver corporate partnership benefits, reports, funding applications and other account management activities
- Attend all CHW national and signature centre events, supporting the events team with onsite event management
- Participate in the events budgeting process, establishing annual revenue goals for sponsorships and monitoring progress against goals; analyze results
- Develop sponsorship packages
- Strengthen the overall structure for sponsorships management – including policies, procedures, and database management.
ANNUAL EVENT STRATEGY
- Develop and oversee a strategic approach to CHW’s annual events both locally and nationally, with a focus on maximizing revenues all while delivering an outstanding experience for all attendees.
- Work collegially with the relevant internal teams such as Marketing and Communications, Development, Leadership, and Finance team to ensure sponsorships are adequately supported and benefits delivered.
- Support the Director, Finance and Operations in the production of accurate financial reporting of income and expenditures for all events across the board nationally
- Supporting the CEO, preparing reports to the senior management team and the Board.
- Where necessary, work together with members of the Board of Directors, Development Committee, Centre, or Chapter committees on corporate approaches
- Support the CEO and Development team delivering CHW’s fundraising event strategy.
- Work effectively and productively with colleagues across all teams and contribute to a healthy, supportive working culture
- Ensure all records are up to date, internal processes are adhered to, and financial management of sponsorship is properly carried out.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five – seven years of broad-based experience in corporate philanthropy sector of fundraising, special event management
- Experience managing staff, lay leaders, and volunteers
- Demonstrated growth in the fundraising profession and a proven track record of success
- Leadership experience with responsibilities for direct supervision of staff and demonstrated success in mentoring
- Ability to work independently, self motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-performing, highly professional and results oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, fundraising ethical principles
- Experience in budget creation and control
- Highly developed organizational and problem-solving skills
- Raisers Edge skills highly desirable
- Some experience in planning /executing successful special events
- Post-secondary education in a related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Works well under pressure of tight deadlines and can manage a high volume workload with multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills necessary for proposal writing, developing, and delivering presentation skills and for managing daily interactions with staff and partners.
- Exhibit a strong degree of initiative, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exercise effective judgment when necessary to identify potential risk regarding conditions of partnership and to determine which elements of a fundraising initiative or other related issues require escalation and/or approval.
- Demonstrate high degree of judgment, sensitivity, and confidentiality while working with budget and donor information.
- Maintain outstanding time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom, Google documents, SharePoint
- Ability to work and travel within a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and evenings A valid driver’s license
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Hybrid office environment with requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
- Occasional day/overnight travel locally, nationally, and overseas will be required.
- Primary accountabilities are carried out in the National office; however, our successful candidate will be required to attend meetings/events within the community and nationally. This position is required to work outside normal office hours to attend events representing CHW.
- University degree or post-secondary diploma
- CFRE considered an asset TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter addressed to Hiring Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 28, 2022.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.