Officer, Email Marketing
Organization: Humber River Hospital Foundation
Title: Officer, Email Marketing
Reports to: Senior Communications Officer, Digital Lead
Location: Hybrid work model, currently minimum 3 days in office. When in office, on site at the Hospital: 1235 Wilson Avenue, Level 1, North York, Ontario.
Job Description: Officer, Email Marketing
Is this you?
You are an entrepreneurial, highly motivated and results-driven individual who has a passion for digital transformation and is committed to staying up-to-date with best practices and optimizing new ways of doing things. You thrive being a part of a small team and are not afraid to provide a perspective and recommendations as well as wear many hats. You are collaborative, thoughtful and a problem solver, with the ability to pivot in a constantly evolving environment. You are highly analytical, cause-oriented and you are driven by a deep commitment to create impact through philanthropy. You have a love for email marketing and discovering the right strategy and cadence for the timing, content and delivery. You are an innovator, creatively minded and enjoy testing, measuring and optimizing. You are a builder of process and enjoy getting your hands dirty.
As a key member of the Communications, Events & Donor Engagement team, the Officer, Email Marketing will play a key role in the development, execution, and growth of the Foundation’s email marketing initiatives. Additionally, as a member of a small team, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats within marketing and communications. Proficiency in email marketing as well as strong communications skills are must-haves. You will be responsible for planning and developing an overall email marketing strategy and owning project execution from start to finish. You will be the subject matter expertise strategically, operationally and creatively. You will use your analytical skills, experience and hunger for curiosity to bring clarity to program performance, helping to uncover what has worked, and how we can do better. You will also work closely with our data and analytics lead to develop dashboards and re-invent our approach.
Email Marketing (50%)
- Design and execute email marketing campaigns that align with Humber River Hospital Foundation’s goals and audience
- Manage email lists and segmentation to ensure maximum relevancy and engagement
- Collaborate with the team and our agency to develop compelling email designs and content
- Monitor email campaign performance and provide insights and recommendations for optimization
- Implement A/B testing and other experiments to improve email performance
- Ensure compliance with Canadian email marketing regulations
- Help us develop a comprehensive email marketing strategy above and beyond what we currently do
Other Digital Media Support (25%)
- Contribute to and execute digital marketing strategies across various platforms including social media, blog, and website.
- Plan and create engaging content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Manage the company’s website content, including updates to web pages, landing pages, and donation microsites.
Other Communications Support (25%)
- Brainstorm and contribute to strategy on new and innovative ways to market the Foundation’s mission, vision and values through dynamic content to meet and exceed financial goals
- Contribute to the execution/creation of cross-platform content including printed materials and stewardship reports.
- Collaborate with staff teams (Communications, Donor Relations, Events and Development) on communication ideas and strategies for new and/or recurring events and fundraising programs
- Support the Senior Communications Officer, Digital Lead as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-4 years of focused experience in email marketing, with a track record of successful campaigns (fundraising experience is an asset)
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, including segmentation, personalization, and testing
- Proficiency in email marketing platforms is a must-have (and experience with MailChimp, which we currently use, is an asset)
- Experience with HTML and CSS for email design is an asset
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to use data to drive decision-making
- Exceptional writing skills, with proven experience telling stories in print and online platforms.
- Working knowledge, or keen willingness to learn online tools, specifically: Raisin, WordPress, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher
- General tech savviness with the willingness to learn new systems with ease
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and integrity with a high attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to seek direction and clarity as needed
- Ability to handle sensitive material with discretion to ensure patient and staff confidentiality is respected and proper processes for gaining consent are always followed
- Generosity of spirit in sharing knowledge with others.
- Photography and graphic design skills would be a bonus!
- Samples of previous work will likely be requested
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings
Lighting New Ways in Healthcare – Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways, and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is designed to enhance not only outcomes but also the experiences of our patients and their families.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue lighting new ways in healthcare now and into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for a brighter future.
Please refer to the Foundation www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Hospital website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
Job Posting Closes: June 9, 2023
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital Foundation, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Foundation’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis