Officer, Finance and Operations
Officer, Finance and Operations
West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation
A nationally recognized leader in rehabilitation, complex and long-term care, West Park Healthcare Centre helps people recovering from serious injury and illness get their lives back. The specialized rehabilitation provided at West Park empowers patients with the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead productive and independent lives in the community.
To meet the rising demand for its services, West Park is redeveloping its 27-acre Toronto campus along the Humber River, including the construction of a new, state-of-the-art hospital slated to open its doors in late 2023 and redeveloping its grounds to integrate nature into its therapeutic programs.
West Park Foundation is actively pursuing the $80 million Get Your Life Back Campaign – the largest fundraising endeavour in the history of West Park – to support the capital costs of the new hospital. The Foundation is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join its team. Reporting to the Foundation’s Controller, the Officer, Finance and Operations performs a variety of administrative, accounting and data entry activities in the receipt, processing and maintenance of records of gifts to West Park Foundation. The Officer, Finance and Operations will assist the Finance and Operations team with a variety of activities to support the operations of the Foundation.
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000
- Administer all aspects of gift processing and accurately enter donor and gift information into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Process all donations received via email, telephone, online, bank transfer, payroll and sponsorship.
- Liaise with Foundation development staff to ensure gift information is accurate for entering in Raiser’s Edge database. Ensure gift information form and/or other supporting documentation is complete.
- Prepare pledge reminders to send to donors in a timely manner.
- Generate tax receipts, thank you letters and tribute/in memoriam cards, in a timely manner and as per donor instructions and donation processing procedures, using Raiser’s Edge software and Microsoft Word mail merge features.
- Respond to and handle relevant public inquiries i.e. replacement of tax receipt, change of address, mailing options and general donor inquiries.
- Perform monthly accounting tasks as directed by the Controller, including the preparation and inputting of journal entries into the financial system (ROSS), and reconciliations related to campaign revenue and bank accounts.
- Assist in the production of monthly financial reports, including forecasts and budgets.
- Track accounts payable related to vendors’ invoices, obtain approvals and submit to the Centre Accounts Payable function. Follow up as required.
- Administrative tasks related to smooth running of the office including office supplies, equipment and human resources reporting.
- Support the annual external financial audit including pulling revenue and other transaction details as requested by the Auditors, and prepare draft statutory financial statements.
- Answer the West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation’s main telephone line and route calls to Foundation staff according to their roles and responsibilities.
The Officer, Finance and Operations will have the following experience and attributes:
- A University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of fund raising software – Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent organization and data entry accuracy skills
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with data entry and word processing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service orientation. Must be a team player who is committed to excellent donor service.
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
A benefit package including HOOPP is available.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: FoundationJobs@westpark.org
Please include ‘Officer, Finance and Operations” in the subject line.
Closing Date: December 9, 2022
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: All West Park Foundation employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.