Officer, Monthly Giving (Retention)
A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Officer, Monthly Giving (Retention)
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Toronto)
This role is responsible for supporting the day to day activities of UNICEF Canada’s Monthly Giving Retention programs while contributing towards the vital work UNICEF delivers on behalf of children around the world. Reporting to the Manager, Monthly Giving Retention, this role will help execute and monitor high quality campaigns and activities aimed at retaining and increasing the lifetime value of UNICEF Canada’s Monthly Giving supporter base.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Marketing & Operational Co-ordination (40%)
- Working closely with Manager, execute day-to-day monthly donor stewardship activities, including creative development with agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Lead the creative audit and updates to monthly donor journeys, including new donor journey refresh.
- Manage the stewardship materials inventory, including assessing and sharing opportunities to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Support agencies with campaign development through co-ordination of content for scripting, FAQ compilation & preparation and fielding internal stakeholder questions.
- Collaborate with internal groups for integration of fundraising activities and contribute towards flawless execution of revenue generating strategies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual operating plans, collaborating with members of the monthly team on annual budgets and program review.
- Build and facilitate partner training as required.
Program Support (30%)
- Support key partnerships & programs associated with UNICEF Canada’s Retention channels for programs such as Tele-Fundraising, Digital and supporter journeys.
- Working closely with the Manager, deliver reporting and monitoring of ongoing programs & campaigns, including partner programs.
- Help develop and/or implement program changes for new or reoccurring programs and coordinate and compile feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and support business/financial analysis to help meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Assist in managing positive and productive relationships with key partners (weekly calls, reporting, quarterly meetings, training).
Data Analysis & Budget (20%)
- Update weekly and monthly budget reports; track and monitor program performance.
- Liaise between partners and internal teams to troubleshoot and problem solve any data issues as they arise to ensure campaigns run smoothly and results are accurate.
- Reconcile weekly reporting from Telemarketing vendors for expense, revenue and cost of activity.
- Assist in developing testing opportunities and results analysis on stewardship communications and fundraising programs, with compilation of regular post mortems.
- Ensure all activities are budget approved and within annual operating plan or joint strategic plan.
- Track and develop analytics using Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensure all documentation regarding expenses & donor documentation are up to date and accurate.
- Work with coordinator to ensure invoices are processed on time and accurately, and support the Manager, Monthly Giving Retention on monthly budget reconciliation.
- Present weekly status updates on key areas of the program as directed by the Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree or college diploma in marketing, business or a related field or equivalent years’ work experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in a marketing or project management role.
- Experience in Direct Response Marketing with an emphasis on Digital/Social.
- Proven experience working with stakeholders at all levels.
- Business / financial acumen – including budgeting and campaign analysis experience.
- Strong organization and program management skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Database proficiency, Raiser’s Edge knowledge & experience (an asset).
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- French language skills (an asset).
Salary range: $43,500 to $51,000 per year.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2022. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Officer, Monthly Giving (Retention)” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing diversity, equity and accessibility. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.