Yearly salary: $60,000 plus paid vacation and other benefits.
The Officer, Philanthropy will be responsible for Leadership fundraising ($10,000+) and will work collaboratively with the Foundation’s Leadership to reach our goals and objectives. The Officer will be a part of Holland Bloorview’s Philanthropy team and will be reporting into the Director of Philanthropy.
This role is hybrid in nature, with a combination of “work-from-home” and “on site as-needed” for in-person interviews, tours, team-building activities etc. Interested? Let’s make it work. Our team members are empowered to take ownership of their schedules and workflows.
About Holland Bloorview Foundation:
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability inclusion, research, care and academic leadership. In partnership with the hospital, our mission is to inspire the community to help Holland Bloorview create the most meaningful and healthy futures for all children, youth and families.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $15 million annually and creates public engagement to eliminate disability stigma.
What we care about at the Holland Bloorview Foundation:
We shake up old ways of doing things. We push the boundaries and create sector-leading fundraising experiences. We try, fail, and try again, only this time better.
We believe in the power of community to do good, and go out of our way to say thank you. We value the small and the large, the old and the new, and treat our community with respect and gratitude.
We value and amplify diverse voices – both in our workplace and in our work. We commit to ensuring our fundraising and communications practices are inclusive and that our vision includes all voices.
We lead with empathy, compassion, and respect. We work as a team, trusting and empowering each other to get things done, and rolling up our sleeves to help each other out when we need to. We have each other’s backs, and recognize that ultimately, we’re all working toward the same goal of creating a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
We find lightness and joy and support each other through the tough times. We share laughter, celebrate successes, and bring our whole selves to the workplace.
We are thoughtful stewards of our community’s donations and our client’s stories. We live our values every day, and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Create and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of Leadership prospects and donors ($10,000+).
- Submit funding proposals to local, national and international foundations.
- Lead calls and solicitations and ensure all required resources are in place.
- Coordinate and manage successful donor visits with lead volunteers and senior leadership, as required.
- Prepare briefing notes and proposals for meetings and/or solicitations.
- On a regular basis, ensure appropriate and timely moves management and related activities for Leadership prospects.
- Prepare appropriate and personalized stewardship to Leadership donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the non profit sector.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of fundraising experience.
- A track record of success in securing gifts of a Leadership nature and proposal writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage key relationships with donors, board and leaders within Hospital and Foundation staff and volunteers.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strategic thinker who also pays attention to details
- Understanding of donor database management; Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events as needed
At our Foundation, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something: Get to make a real difference by partnering with kids, parents and hospital staff to share their stories and help spotlight the need for disability inclusion across our country and beyond.
- Build your skills: Make use of internal training resources like our mentorship program, and tailor you own personal development opportunities with a $1,000/year budget.
- Celebrate inclusion and innovation: Be part of a welcoming and accessible workplace that prioritizes IDEAA (inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility and anti-racism) with two hours of required learning each month. Likewise for innovation– our whole team pauses for two hours each month to innovate independently or across teams.
Please apply through our career page: https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities