Officer, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Organization: Humber River Health Foundation
Title: Officer, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Reports to: Associate Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Direct Reports: None applicable to this Job Description
Location: On site at the Hospital: 1235 Wilson Avenue, Level 1, North York, ON
Hybrid work model, currently minimum 3 days in office
Job Description: Officer, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Is this you?
Are you a best-in-class stewardship professional who is inspired and passionate about the critical role philanthropy plays in advancing the healthcare sector? Are you excited to be part of a highly motivated and success-driven team, not afraid to share your ideas, take on new challenges and offer creative solutions? Does your positive can-do attitude set you apart? You are highly organized, detail-oriented and can manage multiple tasks, with the ability to pivot in a constantly evolving environment. You thrive in a team setting and enjoy working with various stakeholders and volunteers across the Hospital to help advance the work of the Foundation and ensure donors are at the core of everything we do. You are a creative-thinker who enjoys strengthening, streamlining and optimizing programs put in front of you.
As a key member of the team, the Stewardship & Donor Engagement Officer is responsible for the development, execution and growth of various aspects of the stewardship program to deliver strategic and comprehensive donor-centered initiatives that support the Foundation’s objectives. Additionally, the Stewardship & Donor Engagement Officer will build and manage programs to cultivate meaningful relationships with current and future donors, Hospital staff and physicians, volunteers, strategic partners and sponsors. This position plays a significant role in the delivery of agreed-upon stewardship activities such as donor acknowledgement, recognition, communication and reporting.
- Manage and execute stewardship activities for our extended donor programs and develop comprehensive strategies to enhance satisfaction and engagement
- Coordinate logistics for donor recognition programs including physical donor signage, digital donor wall content and donors listings
- Contribute to the implementation and delivery of mass and customized donor engagement touchpoints and communication
- Monitor the stewardship and donor engagement calendar to ensure programming is carried out effectively and on time
- Onboard and manage new office volunteers providing in-office support
- Track budget expenses and coordinate payments accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of donor relations information in the Raiser’s Edge database
Extended Donor Programs
- Drive and implement stewardship initiatives for the Gifts of Gratitude, grateful patient program, which includes the preparation and distribution of recipient recognition packages, pulling monthly recipient reports and coordinating annual anniversary communications
- Strategize and develop plans to ensure timely notification and elevated delivery of recognition packages for Gift of Gratitude recipients
- Drive stewardship activity for Humber’s Very Own, employee giving program, to foster retention and cultivate potential new employee donors
- Support and execute stewardship initiatives for the Aspen Grove Society and Star is Born Program
- Maintain and track an inventory of donor recognition signage options for physical spaces at the Hospital
- Support the Development Team with finding naming opportunities, providing tours for donors and preparing recognition forms
- Liaise with donor recognition vendors to coordinate all signage orders and content updates for Donors of Distinction, HVO and Aspen Grove Society donor groups
- Refresh interactive portion of digital donor wall on an annual basis
- Manage the weekly thank you call program for new and recurring donors
- Support the development, review and implementation of donor lists used for strategic communications including Gift at Work report, @Humber Newsletter, Annual Report, holiday cards, and gift acknowledgements
- Support the development of donor recognition proposals for major gift donors, ensuring proposals are documented and update appropriately
- Manage the distribution of birthday cards as well as in honour and in memory donation thank you cards
- In collaboration with the Event’s Team, contribute to the planning and implementation of stewardship and donor engagement events such as donor meetings, appreciation events, gift announcements and dedications
- Manage the recruitment of volunteers to support with signature and community events
- Manage post-event stewardship initiatives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in fundraising or equivalent client-focused environment. Experience working in a healthcare sector is an asset
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to write effective communications
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with interdependent timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to seek direction and clarity as needed
- Ability to handle sensitive material with discretion to ensure patient and staff confidentiality is respected and proper processes for gaining consent are always followed
- Working knowledge and proven experience using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint. Adobe Acrobat Pro and Photoshop or equivalent experience is preferred
- Experience with donor management databases such as Raisers Edge is an asset
- Previous event experience is an asset
- Writing samples will likely be requested
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
Driver’s license and vehicle an asset.
Lighting New Ways in Healthcare – Humber River Health stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways, and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is to enhance not only healthcare outcomes but also the patient and family experience.
Humber River Health Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue lighting new ways in healthcare well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for a brighter future.
Please refer to the Foundation www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Health website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
Interested applicants are required to apply online with a resume and cover letter at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Health Foundation, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Foundation’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.