The Oakville Hospital Foundation’s mission is connecting generosity to world-class community healthcare at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, a site of Halton Healthcare. Our vision is that by sparking the passion to give, we will transform the healthcare experience.
The Opportunity: Stewardship Officer
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Events and Donor Experiences the Stewardship Officer will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of donor stewardship activities for the Oakville Hospital Foundation. This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with the Major Giving, Annual Giving and Communications teams to ensure that all supporters feel positive about the impact of their generosity on patient care.
The successful candidate will demonstrate superb organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills as they are critical to the role, as are patience, analytical skills, and a passion for storytelling. They will have a professional manner and the ability to shift task focus and interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
- Plan and execute customized stewardship plans for donors and sponsors
- Liaise with healthcare professionals to gather information for stewardship reports and letters
- Coordinate, produce, and regularly audit donor acknowledgement and appreciation letters
- Prepare donor impact reports
- Develop and execute donor tours, cultivation events, and stewardship events
- Develop and execute annual operating plans, budgets, and tactics for Foundation’s stewardship program
- Oversee physical naming opportunities and manage and maintain Giftmap recognition database
- Collaborate with Communication team colleagues to develop new strategies for effective donor stewardship (videos, e-newsletters, email, social media)
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills required
- Experience working with donors, senior volunteers and leadership staff
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Post-secondary education, or comparable combination of skills and experience
- Raisers’ Edge (RE) fundraising software experience
- Excellent computer literacy including Internet & Microsoft Office
- Results oriented
- Flexibility to work both remotely and on site
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
Why join our team?
- An open, motivating, collaborative, and family friendly workplace culture that actively invests in its talent (and we mean it!).
- Competitive compensation, three weeks of vacation to start, and the opportunity for performance-based increases.
- A pension plan (HOOPP).
- Benefits and perks that include comprehensive health benefits, cellphone and laptop, and onsite gym access.
- As professional development is considered a key performance indicator, funding is available to pursue professional development and certifications.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7.5 hour Days; 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.; evenings and weekends as required (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
This position requires work flexibility of both remote and on site.