West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation
A nationally recognized leader in rehabilitation and complex care, West Park Healthcare Centre helps people recovering from serious injury and illness get their lives back. The specialized rehabilitation provided at West Park empowers patients with the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead productive and independent lives in the community.
To meet the rising demand for its services, West Park is redeveloping its 27-acre Toronto campus, including construction of a new, state-of-the-art hospital slated to open its doors in 2023.
West Park Foundation has launched the $80 million Get Your Life Back Campaign – the largest fundraising endeavour in the history of West Park – to support the capital costs of the new hospital. The Foundation is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join its team. Reporting to the Director, Finance and Operations, the Operations Associate performs a variety of administrative, accounting and data entry activities in the receipt, processing and maintenance of records of gifts to West Park Foundation. The Operations Associate will assist the Finance and Operations team with a variety of activities.
Salary range: $52,000 to 62,000
- Administer all aspects of gift processing and accurately enter donor and gift information into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Process all donations received via email, telephone, online, bank transfer, payroll and sponsorship.
- Liaise with Foundation development staff to ensure gift information is accurate for entering in Raiser’s Edge database. Ensure gift information form and/or other supporting documentation is complete.
- Prepare pledge reminders to send to donors in a timely manner.
- Generate tax receipts, thank you letters and tribute/in memoriam cards, in a timely manner and as per donor instructions and donation processing procedures, using Raiser’s Edge software and Microsoft Word mail merge features.
- Respond to and handle relevant donor inquiries i.e. replacement of tax receipt, change of address, mailing options and general donor inquiries.
- Answer the West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation’s main telephone line and route calls to Foundation staff according to their roles and responsibilities.
The Operations Associate will have the following experience and attributes:
- A University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of fund raising software – Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent organization and data entry accuracy skills
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with data entry and word processing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service orientation. Must be a team player who is committed to excellent donor service.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
Submit your resume and cover letter to: FoundationJobs@westpark.org
Please include ‘Operations Associate’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: May 27, 2022
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a staff and board that reflects the diversity of our community.