Parish Campaign Officer
The Parish Campaign Officer works to assist parishes with successful ShareLife parish campaign efforts. This is done by reviewing the on-going parish results of the campaign, both before and after the campaign launch, and contacting the Pastor and/or ShareLife committee to determine ways to increase support for ShareLife at the parish. The Parish Campaign Officer reviews the results for trends in donor contributions, and works with the ShareLife team to identify opportunities for parishioners to support the campaign. In addition, given the significant impact that major donors can have on a parishes result, the Parish Campaign Officer works with the ShareLife Development Team to help advance giving of Major Donors, including being responsible for maintaining a file of major donors. The Officer also works with the Associate Director, Major Gifts and Corporate Campaigns and the Executive Director to determine parish goals for the annual ShareLife parish campaign.
The Parish Campaign Officer is responsible for reviewing and preparing the content for the Parish Campaign Guide and other resources as part of the Parish Campaign Kit.
The Parish Campaign Officer assists the ShareLife and development office with administrative duties and events as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and pro-actively contact parishes at the start of the annual ShareLife campaign to determine local campaign plans for the upcoming campaign.
- Facilitate booking speakers in in co-ordination with the parish team.
- Organize and facilitate new Priest and Seminarian orientations, including arranging for agency tours/volunteer experiences.
- Review results of the ShareLife parish campaign on an on-going basis and follow up with pastors and parish committees to determine strategies to increase support for the respective parish campaign.
- Working with the Parish Campaign Administrator, conduct detailed analysis of parish campaign results to identify lapsed or reduced giving donors; liase with Associate Director, Major Gifts and Corporate Campaigns to determine action, including possible communications with these donors.
- Is responsible for maintaining a file of Major Donors with a view to stewarding, cultivating and upgrading their giving.
- Work with Co-ordinator, School, Employee and Monthly Donor Campaigns to assess support for the local parish campaign from affiliated schools.
- Prepare content for the Pash Campaign Kit, including the parish campaign guide and other related materials.
- Review the result of the previous ShareLife campaign and propose goals for the upcoming parish ShareLife appeal.
- Assist the department with other duties and events as required.
- University or applicable Community College Diploma or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point, publisher.)
- Experience with database programs.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of parish, Archdiocesan and Catholic Church structures and values.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive team member.
- Enthusiastic, mature and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience in a not for profit organization in a fundraising role would be an asset.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Toronto provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with their supervisor and the Human Resources Department.