Part-time Fundraising Coordinator
MADD Canada’s mission is to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
Each and every year, thousands of Canadians are killed or injured in impaired driving related crashes. Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is a violent crime that touches far too many of us.
MADD Canada is the only national anti-impaired driving organization providing direct emotional support to victim/survivors. MADD Canada understands the challenges that people face, both in the immediate aftermath of a crash and in the months and years that follow. We are committed to helping individuals who have lost a loved one or have been injured in a crash, as well as their families and friends.
We offer direct emotional support via phone, email, in-person and on-line support groups. We provide information and tools to better understand the rights of victims/survivors and navigate the criminal justice system, including assistance with writing victim impact statements. We host an annual National Conference for Victims of Impaired Driving and the Conference for French-Speaking Victims of Impaired Driving. We memorialize victims/survivors through monuments, benches, candlelight vigils, road signs and online tributes. We award a Bursary Fund for victims/survivors pursuing postsecondary education.
The MADD Canada Fundraising team consists of one Partnership Outreach Manager and the Chief Operating Officer. We are looking for a part-time Fundraising Coordinator to join our team.
Why join the MADD Canada team?
Help Make a Difference – we are driven by our mission to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime. Everything we do is about preventing more people from being impacted by impaired driving and supporting those that unfortunately have been.
Be Part of a Dedicated Group of Professionals – our national staff is spread across the country but we work together as a team. Despite what their role is, each staff member is dedicated to MADD Canada’s mission.
Explore Your Potential with Us – MADD Canada offers competitive salary and benefits and a supportive and caring work culture.
Does this sound challenging to you?
- Contribute to the Corporate Sponsorship, Government and Foundation Grants Programs, including identifying and developing new partnerships and ensuring consistent communication, stewardship and recognition of these corporate donors/sponsors/funders
- Prepare funding proposals, grant applications, and pitch decks to solicit support from government, foundations, and corporate sponsors up to the $9,999 level
- Steward funders by developing impact reports on MADD Canada programs and initiatives for funders up to the $9,999 level
- Using Grant Advance, research new funding opportunities and create LOI templates for key funding priorities and customize letters to submit to potential funders
- Manage the annual Holiday Corporate Solicitation and the annual Major Gift Individual Donor Solicitation
- Manage external partnership inquiries and in-kind partnership programs
- Research and recommend new fundraising ideas including cause-related marketing programs
- Assist with Sponsor stewardship activities related to and attend the annual National Leadership Conference and Sponsor Recognition event
- Provide support for the annual Project Red Ribbon program
- Execute any other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer or Partnership Outreach Manager
Does this sound like you?
- Part-time role 3 days a week, 21 hours. This is a work from home position.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, communications, fundraising or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience working in grant writing, corporate sponsorship, individual giving or a related field
- Experience working in a fundraising environment and/or knowledge of fundraising landscape (ie: fundraising cycle, prospect research & identification, etc.)
- Proven ability to identify and secure partnerships
- Very strong written communication skills, particularly in the area of grant writing and reporting
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research, collect, analyze, and present data for to variety of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with funders
- Experience working with fundraising databases (e.g. Grant Advance) is an asset
- Knowledge of basic financial processes, including creating budgets, purchase orders, invoices, etc. is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Acceptable criminal background check
Please respond with a cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you bring to the position, and a resume. Also please include a writing sample. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applications will be received in confidence by email only and should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Subject line: “Part-time Fundraising Coordinator – YOUR NAME”
$28,000-$35,000 and benefits package
Deadline: September 2, 2022