Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Coordinator
TITLE: Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Coordinator
DATE: December 2021
REPORTS TO: Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Manager
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue charity and an expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
The Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for supporting the achievement of corporate philanthropy and peer-to-peer fundraising targets. The incumbent will drive strategic planning, recruitment, engagement, and execution for all peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives across Canada, notably for the Second Harvest Hero peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.
- Manage an existing pipeline of 40-50 Second Harvest Hero school and corporate peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Identify and qualify new Second Harvest Hero and other peer-to-peer prospects through in-depth donor research.
- Be responsible for meeting individual annual targets.
- Support the creation and administration of the Hero online fundraising site, TeamRaiser, including coaching and supporting campaign leads.
- Manage and track online ticketing site for Second Harvest Hero Sweepstakes.
- Assist with prizing acquisition for Second Harvest events.
- Manage the order process for Hero fundraising kits, ensuring kits are packed and shipped to each campaign in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute stewardship initiatives for Hero campaigns, including emails and recognition plaques.
- Coordinate and execute the receipt and counting of campaign materials and funds.
- Provide general administrative support to the Hero Campaign and other P2P campaigns as needed.
- Draft creative briefs for all English Hero and peer-to-peer collateral working with Senior Manager, Donor Communications & Stewardship.
- Participate in speaking opportunities to enhance Hero and peer-to-peer recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain donor/team records in Raiser’s Edge database ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Act as a lead staff member on site at Second Harvest events including Toronto Taste during event set-up, execution, and clean-up as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the
- Fundraiser: you have 2 years of experience in customer service, fundraising, or sales with a track record in meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- Communicator: you are comfortable speaking and presenting to large groups of people, including senior executives; you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style; your past colleagues would call you a “team player”; you have highly developed interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and strong negotiation skills.
- Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Strategic and Results-Oriented: you are a creative thinker who can generate new ideas and initiatives, and plan and execute their implementation.
- Proven track record in customer service or stewardship.
- Experience working with CRM systems; in particular, experience working with Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for special events or during peak periods.
- Able to travel and have a Valid Class G driver’s license (mileage compensated).
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before December 19, 2021, via email, with “PEER-TO-PEER FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.