Philanthropic Research Associate
KCI is currently seeking applications for a full-time Philanthropic Research Associate to join our Research & Analytics team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with Canada’s leading consulting firm serving the non-profit sector, and to work with a team of exceptional professionals who are committed to supporting philanthropy.
Reporting to the Senior Research Consultant, supporting other members of the Research & Analytics team and working in partnership with other KCI colleagues, the Associate will support research and analysis activities and grow their personal expertise in the use of research in philanthropy. The majority of our Research & Analytics team members are based in our head office located in downtown Toronto, however we are open to remote work from anywhere in Canada.
The nature of the Canadian charitable sector has changed – irreversibly. New ideas, new models, new technologies, new generations and new Canadians present new opportunities and challenges for Canadian charities. Where do we go from here? At KCI, that’s our favourite question.
We are Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our 37 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars. We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours and our clients’. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative respectful relationships with colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and charitable sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members. And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
As a firm, KCI has a strong commitment to equity and inclusivity. We are proud that our own staff represents various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, sexual orientation, age, education, physical abilities, and language. KCI is privately owned by our Partners, 70% of whom are women. We especially welcome interest from candidates who bring lived experience as a Black, Indigenous, or other racialized person, a person with disabilities, or an LGBTQ2+ person.
For more information about KCI, please visit: https://kciphilanthropy.com/
Reporting to the Senior Research Consultant, Jessie Harding, the primary activities and responsibilities of the Philanthropic Research Associate will include:
- Carrying out strategic, accurate and timely prospect research in support of KCI prospect research projects, which may include prospect profiles, prospect review & qualification, targeted screening, etc. (approximately 25%).
- Conducting and supporting other KCI Research & Analytics projects, which may involve trend analysis, environmental scans, comparator research, and pipeline and financial analysis (approximately 25%).
- Data collection and management, ensuring KCI’s internal prospect database and other knowledge resources are updated with key information on an ongoing basis (approximately 25%).
- Project management support for Research & Analytics projects, including preparation of agendas, timelines, etc. (approximately 15%).
- Analyzing and communicating results from research activities to prepare reports (approximately 10%).
- Maintaining a strong commitment to ethical prospect research practices and producing accurate, insightful research and data-driven work.
- Working under the direction of senior KCI team members, but with an expectation of self-direction and self-motivation to organize work and accomplish tasks.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS/
- Education or work experience in research and information management; exposure to or training in prospect research is desirable.
- Experience working in a fundraising environment is highly desirable, as is experience in a project-focused consulting environment.
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, grammar, and spelling skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex concepts and present information to others in a clear and concise manner in a variety of formats and media.
- Strong computer software skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and some familiarity with data management and databases.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail, resulting in the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and relationships in an efficient and systematic manner within a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to converse in French with clients would be advantageous, as is the capacity to write and prepare reports in French.
- Strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA).
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and committed team player.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
Our Head Office and the majority of our Research & Analytics team members are located in Toronto, however we are open to remote work from anywhere in Canada.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. KCI will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform the manager listed below.
The salary range for this position is in the range of $45,000 – $55,000 per annum, plus a comprehensive vacation and benefits package including: 3 weeks’ vacation plus a winter break in December; group benefits plan; health & wellness program; donations matching program; and group RRSP for longer-term staff.
To view the full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest, to the email address listed below by December 13, 2021. Please note that we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, early submission is appreciated.
Project Manager, Search + Talent