Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer
PHILANTHROPY AND PHYSICIAN ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
Do you picture yourself at a hospital foundation at the forefront of raising funds for the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day-to-day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives in a work-from-home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and attract staff committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally and we were recently named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
If you can imagine yourself working together to support the hospital’s strategic plan called Thinking Beyond then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer contributes to the overall annual revenue through planning and building a pipeline of potential donors. The Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer will cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of approximately 120-150 active individual and corporate prospects and donors giving between $5K – $25K. In addition, the Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer will lead (training will be provided) the Physicians’ Campaign and Grateful Patient Program to engage our physicians and nurses, acquire new donors and grow revenue.
Individual and Corporate Giving (under $25K)
- Build and maintain a pipeline of 120-150 prospects engaging with them in face-to-face calls reaching specific annual revenue and pledge targets.
- Develop detailed cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and execute plans for each donor prospect, including moving donors up to major gift opportunities.
- Collaborate with the appropriate Foundation teams with regards to gift administration, research, proposal development, recognition and stewardship.
- Track activity with briefing notes and ensure data integrity of Raiser’s Edge by entering actions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Senior Philanthropy Officer and Chief Development Officer on strategies and approaches to raise funds aligned with the hospital’s strategic plan and goals.
- Working with Donor Experience to steward major gift donors as well as creating long-term strategies for renewed gifts.
Physicians’ Campaign and Grateful Patient Program
- Build a network within the hospital working with clinicians and staff to identify grateful patients as part of donor pipeline building as the leader of the Say Thanks program.
- Develop and lead training sessions and create materials.
- Lead and grow the annual Physicians’ Campaign.
- Research and stay abreast of industry best practices and new fundraising initiatives.
- College or university degree.
- 3+ years experience in fundraising preferably in a hospital foundation.
- Excellent organizational interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder.
- Creative, resourceful and intuitively driven.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector. This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $54,000 – $73,000 per annum.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by August 15, 2022. Please reference Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.