Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to address the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians, and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with the number 1 ranked community hospital in Canada and one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a spring board for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team the team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Development, the Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer contributes to the overall annual revenue through planning and building a pipeline of potential donors. The Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer will cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 120-150 active individual and corporate prospects and donors giving between $5K – $25K. In addition, the Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer will lead (training will be provided) the Physicians’ Campaign and Grateful Patient Program to engage our clinicians, acquire new donors and grow revenue.
Individual and Corporate Giving (under $25K)
- Build and maintain a pipeline of 120-150 prospects with specific annual revenue and pledge targets.
- Develop detailed cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and execute plans for each donor prospect through the sales funnel including moving donors up to and including major gift opportunities.
- Opportunity to grow portfolio to include major gift prospects.
- Contribute to the business planning process for corporate and individual giving under $25K.
- Collaborate with the appropriate Foundation teams with regards to gift administration, research, proposal development, recognition, and stewardship.
Physicians’ Campaign and Grateful Patient Program
- Oversee and grow the Grateful Patient Program as the key contact for our clinicians in identifying grateful patients and families.
- Develop and lead training sessions and create materials.
- Lead and grow the annual Physicians’ Campaign.
- Research and stay abreast of industry best practices and new fundraising initiatives.
- College or university degree.
- 3+ years experience in fundraising preferably in a hospital foundation.
- Excellent organizational interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder.
- Creative, resourceful, and intuitively driven.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
The Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office a minimum of 3 days per week (depending on the circumstances). We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $58K-78K.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by January 21, 2022. Please reference Philanthropy and Physician Engagement Officer the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.