Position: Philanthropy Associate
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: Sept. 19, 2022
Job Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Oct. 21, 2022
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
For more than 30 years, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally. Resonating with Toronto’s civic, community and cultural milieu, Crow’s Theatre adapts and evolves with the social, economic, cultural environment of the city. Crow’s Theatre is distinguished as a preeminent cultural destination for its far-reaching imagination, ideas, exchange, diversity, and grassroots belief that the arts are essential to healthy and thriving communities.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham, and Executive Director, Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre is located at the corner of Dundas Street East and Carlaw Avenue in Toronto’s east end. Our home at Streetcar Crowsnest is comprised of four venues for cultural and community programming and events: the Guloien Theatre (200 seats); Studio Theatre (90); the Nada Ristich Studio Gallery (80) ; and our Lobby Bar. We also have a full-service restaurant on site that features 60 seats indoors and 75 on the outdoor patio. The facility features state-of-the- art technical and specialized theatrical equipment, full streaming and digital event capabilities, and artistic and administrative offices.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a growing charitable organization, Crow’s Theatre is looking to increase and diversify its funder base with particular focus on corporate and foundation giving.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and in collaboration with the Manager of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Associate, will be responsible for managing relationships with our existing donors, understanding their needs, reporting on impact, soliciting funds, and stewarding stakeholders in their portfolio. They will also be responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of new prospects with the support of the Director of Philanthropy.
Crow’s Theatre is a small team, so the incumbent will be expected to support departmental campaigns, events, and projects. This may include contributing to Crow’s Theatre’s fall matching gift campaign, galas, and other donor stewardship events.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative, motivated fundraiser to join a dynamic team and make a difference in Toronto’s performing arts community.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of fundraising strategies, goals, and initiatives based on the organization’s strategic priorities;
- Build upon relationships with existing corporate and foundation donors;
- Meet annual fundraising targets set by the organization’s leadership;
- Identify prospects and cultivate relationships with new corporate and foundationdonors with support from the Director of Philanthropy;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Financial Services Event,in collaboration with teammates;
- Oversee stewardship, cultivation, sponsorship benefits, and recognitionfulfillment for corporate and foundation supporters;
- Lead the preparation and submission of funding proposals and reports incollaboration with key teammates (Director of Philanthropy, Manager of Philanthopy, Director of Marketing and Communications, General Manager, and Producer)
- Process gifts, issue receipts, draft gift agreements, and manage other administration related to the corporate and foundation portfolio;
- Provide administrative support to the Philanthropy Department;
- Additional duties as required / assigned by the Director of Philanthropy;
- Attend Crow’s Theatre’s shows to maintain an understanding of the organization’s programming.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in philanthropy for a registered charity;
- General knowledge of fundraising best practices, procedures, and CRAlegislation;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a project from inception through completion;
- Solid capacity to work independently and as part of a team to meet goals;
- Good time management with the ability to multi-task deadlines and priorities;
- A natural self-starter who takes initiative and contributes ideas;
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Previous experience working with CRM’s would be considered an asset;
- Experience working in the arts and culture sector preferred but not required.
This is a permanent full-time employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package and pension plan. Standard 40 hours, with evening and weekend work required. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, particularly during the run of shows.
Salary Range: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00
COVID-19 VACCINATION & MASK MANDATE
As a condition of employment, all Crow’s Theatre employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a Health Canada approved vaccination dosage before joining the organization. For up-to-date information on our vaccination policy and mask mandate please visit our website.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter, in PDF form, to email@example.com. Refer to “Philanthropy Associate” in subject line.
Interviews shall be conducted as soon as a qualified candidate applies and is selected. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis. We are also committed to building a more equitable, inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, culture, nationality, family status, sexual orientation, and physical ability. If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please email us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.