Philanthropy Coordinator, Annual Gifts
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue charity and an expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy, this position is responsible for supporting the growth of Second Harvest’s annual donor ($1-$500) and legacy donor pipeline, as well as the achievement of Individual Giving team fundraising targets. The incumbent will support the planning, acquisition, stewardship, engagement, and execution for annual and legacy giving fundraising initiatives across Canada.
- Participate in strategic planning activities in collaboration with team members, to identify and implement fundraising goals/objectives.
- Retain, upgrade, and re-activate annual donors ($1-$500) in support of the achievement of annual giving revenue targets.
- Support the acquisition of new donors through the development and implementation of engaging campaigns in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
- Proactively onboard, steward, and correspond with annual donors, creating a positive giving experience for individuals and connecting them with the impact of their support.
- Foster a high level of engagement with our donors through the development and implementation of unique and creative stewardship initiatives.
- Answer toll-free calls to Second Harvest and field questions from individual donors, resolving issues with a high level of care and escalating where necessary.
- Prepare revenue reports and share insights on portfolio growth and donor demographics.
- Maintain donor records and touchpoints in Raiser’s Edge database ensuring a high level of data accuracy (including do-not-solicit records).
- Assist with annual reconciled tax receipting for annual donors.
- Work with team members to support the development and implementation of Individual Giving stewardship events including invitations, event setup, logistics, and post-event communications.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals.
- Donor Centric: you are passionately dedicated with providing the best donor experience and proactively seek ways to improve the giving journey and engage donors with our mission.
- Fundraiser: you have 1-3 years of experience in fundraising or sales with a track record of meeting revenue targets, and experience with relationship development and stewardship.
- Communicator: you have strong communication and diplomacy skills; you are comfortable communicating with existing or prospective donors via e-mail and digital channels, direct mail, and phone.
- Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style; your past colleagues would call you a “team player.”
- Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); previous experience working with MailChimp and CRM platforms (particularly Raiser’s Edge) would be considered an asset.
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
The opportunity to work for an internationally recognized, purpose-driven organization.
- Flexible hours and working arrangements.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before January 23, 2022 via email, with “PHILANTHROPY COORDINATOR, ANNUAL GIFTS” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.