St. Michael’s Foundation stops at nothing to fund the relentless pursuit of solutions to some of the world’s toughest health challenges.
Now, the leadership at St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Healthcare has come to us with an audacious idea. They want to lead a global movement to reinvent the patient experience. So along with our physicians, scientists, educators and AI experts, we designed a $1-billion campaign to make it happen. It’s called HUMANCARE.
Bolstered by our fierce community of donors and volunteers, we’re mobilizing people, businesses and foundations to support our experts in designing new models of health care that’s delivered when, where and how patients need it. In building state-of-the-art facilities that uplift and comfort. In harnessing big data and artificial intelligence to reduce wait times and make medicine more precise. In conducting research that not only treats illness, but prevents it as well. In rooting medical education in empathy. And in making health equity central to everything we do.
Click here to learn more about HUMANCARE.
By joining St. Michael’s Foundation at this historic time, you’ll:
- Be a part of a growing, diverse team of die-hard fundraisers who are passionate about health care.
- Be on the ground floor of a $1-billion landmark movement that will come to life through the latest in fundraising strategies, multidimensional communications campaigns, and new kinds of stewardship programs.
- Support health teams who never-say-never in the face of the world’s toughest health problems, and who are creating new models of care to improve the patient experience – in Canada and beyond.
- Join a diverse and inclusive workforce whose priority is to treat everyone equitably and without judgment.
- Work in a flexible, hybrid environment that presents opportunities for growth and development.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as received, so we encourage all to apply as soon as possible.
ABOUT ST. MICHAEL’S HOSPITAL
Founded nearly 130 years ago by the Sisters of St. Joseph with a focus on caring for those experiencing disadvantage and marginalization, St. Michael’s Hospital has transformed into a global powerhouse in research, education and patient care. Our world-leading physicians, surgeons, scientists and staff take on some of the world’s toughest health challenges – from critical care and trauma, to heart disease and neurosurgery, to multiple sclerosis and urban health. They dig deep to find solutions to intractable medical problems. They advocate on behalf of those whose health is complicated by life circumstances. They are relentless.
ABOUT PROVIDENCE HEALTHCARE
In 1857, the Sisters of St. Joseph opened the doors to the Houses of Providence to care for the most vulnerable in society. As the needs of its communities changed, so too did Providence. Yet what has remained constant is an abiding commitment to those who need care, no matter who they are or where they come from. Today, Providence Healthcare is home to Toronto’s most advanced rehabilitation hospital, which takes on some of the toughest cases – and produces the city’s best results. It is also renowned for its long-term care home, its geriatric medicine and its palliative and community care. Now, Providence is poised to become a world leader in care for seniors whose research, education and treatment will impact the practice of hospitals, long-term care homes, and even shelters not only nationally, but globally.
|Philanthropy Coordinators at St. Michael’s Foundation are part of a dynamic, diversified and talented team of fundraising experts. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the Philanthropy Team as it builds solicitation, pipeline and stewardship strategies to maximize individual, corporate and foundation donor support through various channels. This position works closely and collaboratively with a dynamic philanthropy team, in the rollout of effective and sustainable programs to achieve targets and other agreed financial and non-financial goals for this vital portfolio for St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Healthcare.
Fundraising Support Activities:
- Support the philanthropy team to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward donors, prospects and volunteers to meet the fundraising goals of the Foundation and the HUMANCARE Campaign.
- Draft correspondence, reports, invitations and other communications for the philanthropy team.
- Support the activities that arise from individualized cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Communicate with the offices of donors, administrators, volunteers and hospital partners to provide information, and book meetings and follow-ups.
- Review and track funds and reports on use of gifts, as assigned.
- Update donor information on a centralized database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Prepare donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship packages, call reports and meeting notes as requested.
- Produce prospect lists, gift information and action task lists from the database in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings for current and prospective donors and HUMANCARE campaign meetings.
Operations Support Activities:
- Prepare and distribute reports and presentation material using various software tools for word processing spreadsheets, and database management including but not exclusive to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and PowerPoint.
- Provide support to donors, the philanthropy team, hospital partners and volunteers-preparing basic information requests, prospect profiles, briefing notes, emails, etc.
- Complete appropriate gift processing forms.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, meeting minutes and volunteer rosters.
- Ensure donor gifts, pledges/reminders, tax receipts, and thank you letters are processed and issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper electronic and hard copy filing of proposals, donor gift agreements, acknowledgments, stewardship letters and reports and correspondence.
Volunteer Management Support and Event Management Activities:
- Assist the philanthropy team with key volunteer and HUMANCARE initiatives.
- Schedule internal and external meetings with volunteers, donors and hospital partners.
- Organize meetings including room bookings, catering if necessary, agendas, minutes, preparation of presentations, handouts and other materials.
- Ensure that the team has financial information, background and analysis to provide to volunteers and staff to fulfill their fundraising responsibilities.
- Support the Philanthropy Team by undertaking event coordination and logistics to support donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred – or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 1-year of experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person-to-person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high-pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above-average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Healthcare.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this describes you, please submit your resume. Please include your phone and email contact information with your submission.
Salary range: $54.8k to $64.4k
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Hybrid working from home/office arrangements
- Competitive benefits package and pension
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.