Philanthropy/Major Gifts Officer
One Tree Planted is looking for an outgoing person to join our growing philanthropy team and help build our major gifts program, supporting individual and foundation donor relationships!
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
Oversee a portfolio of 150-200 donors and prospects:
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of prospects, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and relationship record (using Salesforce) of all interactions
Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including identification; qualification through research; cultivation; briefing; request for support; and prompt follow-up, stewardship, and recognition
- Complete grant applications and proposal decks as needed
- Develop solicitation strategies for donors/prospects in support of the organization’s Major Gift (individuals & foundations) and planned giving programs
- Support implementation of planned giving & stewardship programs
- Participate in major gift revenue projections, forecasting and budget monitoring
- Assist with business plan preparation and presentations
- Work with the management team to stay updated on organization knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies
- Provide ideas on how to continuously improve and grow the organization
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in fundraising (front-line fundraising preferred)
- Experience soliciting high-level gifts is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable speaking with several different prospects on zoom and in-person
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements
Experience working in CRM’s (Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge)
- Is creative and can help develop unique fundraising strategies to drive funding towards our planting projects
- Outgoing and passionate!
Location: Montréal, QC or Toronto, ON (Not required but ideal). Option of remote & open to U.S. applicants.
Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
The names and contact information of three references.
Please send your application to Rachel Bouck (email@example.com), Philanthropy Manager & Jill Higgins (firstname.lastname@example.org), Operations Manager. We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and will close the application when the role has been filled. Only candidates that submit all requirements will be considered.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.