The OSMH Foundation is a proud partner of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital and the people of Orillia and North Simcoe/Muskoka. The Foundation provides funds to the Hospital to buy medical equipment, sustain programs and assist the Hospital in maintaining its position as a leader in providing quality community-based healthcare.
The Philanthropy Officer assists with the Major Gifts fundraising program with a focus on the procurement of donations between $10,000 to $100,000+ on behalf of the Foundation. The Philanthropy Officer will develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, build and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 potential donors, and design and implement appropriate cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. They will also contribute and participate in the development and growth of the planned giving program. The Philanthropy Officer reports to the Director, Philanthropy and works collaboratively with the Development Team.
- University or college degree preferred or professional experience equivalent.
• CFRE certification an asset.
• 3 to 5 years previous experience with Major Gifts fundraising preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset, experience directly in a healthcare or hospital foundation environment preferred.
• Experience working with volunteer committees is required, demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and train volunteers/community leaders.
• A passion for OSMH Foundation and healthcare fundraising.
• Outstanding communication skills: written and verbal, strong public speaker, excellent listener.
• A “go getter” and strong relationship builder, assertive, exercises initiative and strength in building relationships.
• Highly professional, mature and confident.
• Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, sound judgement.
• Creative, innovative and resourceful.
• Sense of humour, energetic, positive attitude.
• Effective and collaborative team player.
• Proven track record in meeting revenue targets and deadlines while working under strict time constraints and with a diversity of projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers, and to convey genuine interest and pleasure in people’s lives and charitable aspirations.
• Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills, flexibility and the ability to adapt to stressful and rapidly changing situations.
• Demonstrated self-discipline and self-motivation, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a demanding environment, without direct supervision.
• Demonstrated computer, word processing, and data base experience require, preferably in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge environments.
Please visit www.osmh.on.ca, click “Join Our Team”, click “Click to start exploring our career opportunities today”, locate the Philanthropy Officer job and select to apply using the link at the bottom of the page.
Application URL: https://osmh.njoyn.com/cl4/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=ZVtaRRlZDVB6YAZ4TFxQZE9JBRUsaVUqc1RMWip%2BfXlcUTdtLEMYdxcEBUEYGhJRQHZjF3U%3D&chk=ZVpaShM%3D&clid=73967&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0322-1396&BRID=255739&lang=1