The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews of Canada (IFCJ Canada) is a leading Canadian religious charity building bridges between Christians and Jews, blessing Israel and the Jewish people around the world with humanitarian care and life-saving aid.
Our office is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario, at the intersection of Adelaide and York Street.
IFCJ Canada is looking for a full-time Philanthropy Officer. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, managing, and stewarding assigned middle, annual, and planned giving prospects and donors. This role secures funding toward approved IFCJ Canada programs, providing stewardship to donors on the significance and impact their giving has on IFCJ Canada’s beneficiaries. This role will involve collaboration with colleagues in various departments across the organization.
Why Work with Us?
- Opportunity to do meaningful work that provides lifesaving assistance to Israel’s most vulnerable people, and to Jewish people around the world who are in desperate situations.
- Competitive salary range of $60,000 – $70,000 annually
- Comprehensive benefits package provided including health, dental, extended health care coverage and RRSP matching.
- Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work, 2 days required onsite per week at our newly renovated office.
- Commitment to Professional Development including an annual budget for each employee.
At IFCJ Canada, we achieve our mission as an A-Team by ensuring each of our team members exemplifies our six core values.
- Integrity – Act with honesty, trustworthiness, and transparency.
- Accountability – Accept responsibility for our actions.
- Dignity – Acknowledge every individual’s inherent value.
- Humility – Approach our work with a servant’s heart.
- Collaboration – Align our collective gifts, efforts, and passions.
- Innovation – Aim for continuous improvement.
- Maintain a starting portfolio of 200-300 individual donors and prospects
- Manage, cultivate, solicit, and enhance relationships within the designated portfolio.
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Philanthropy to formulate and direct strategy for prospect identification, evaluation, cultivation, and solicitation, fulfilling IFCJ Canada moves management system.
- Provide appropriate contact with all $1,000+ annual cumulative donors for gift recognition and stewardship purposes.
- Meet with current and potential legacy/planned giving donors to IFCJ Canada.
- Assist the Executive Director/Director of Philanthropy, as needed.
- Post-Secondary education in Fundraising or in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CAE (Certified Association Executive), CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive), CAGP (Gift Planning affiliation) or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience in a fundraising role within a non-profit environment
- Proven track record in securing donors up to $5,000
- Direct experience working with major donors is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud products: Raiser’s Edge, and Luminate Online Gift Processing Platform
- Knowledge of Jewish and Evangelical communities and respective community leadership throughout Canada
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a faced-paced environment
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and able to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Holds a valid G Class Driver’s License
- Holds a valid Passport and is able and willing to travel abroad when required.
IFCJ Canada values the unique skills and experiences each individual has to offer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation to participate fully in our recruitment processes, please let us know when we contact you.
IFCJ Canada is an equal opportunity employer seeking to live its values in all we do. We are committed to taking proactive steps to provide and create opportunities for historically marginalized groups. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized persons, 2SLGBTQI+ people, individuals with disabilities, and other members of marginalized communities to consider working with and for IFCJ Canada. We recognize that structural barriers shape experiences and job qualifications, and therefore we seek to use employment equity to differentiate between candidates who meet the required qualifications. We encourage people to apply even if they feel that the position would be a stretch.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only those individuals whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
If this role interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://pesceandassociates.talentnest.com/en/posting/152257/location/182375 by the end of the day on May 18, 2023.