Philanthropy Officer, Mid-Level Giving
Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
With the launch of the Love, Scarborough campaign, our organization has experienced tremendous growth. As a result, SHN Foundation is recruiting for the new position of Philanthropy Officer, Mid-Level Giving.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Gift & Estate Planning, the Philanthropy Officer, Mid-Level Giving is a member of the Major Gifts team. You will manage and implement a robust mid-level donor program with expected annual giving range of $1,000+ to enhance the pipeline of major and planned giving prospects.
You will actively engage with donors and prospects and manage the mid-level file. This means implementing effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to grow program revenues and expand the donor file. Mid-level Giving bridges the gap between annual giving, major gifts, and planned giving.
The Philanthropy Officer, Mid-Level Giving works in collaboration with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that donors have a seamless and rewarding philanthropic experience when giving to Scarborough Health Network Foundation.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward mid-level gifts ($1,000 – $25,000) from individuals, foundations, and small/medium businesses;
- Actively manage a portfolio of 100-150 donors/prospects and develop effective fundraising tactics to secure ongoing annual support, cultivate for major gifts, and identify legacy giving potential;
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement innovative, mid-level giving strategies (such as a giving society) to engage and inspire support from like-minded prospects and donors;
- Develop and monitor KPIs and prepare relevant activity and financial reports on a regular basis;
- Develop a moves management system for mid-level with Manager, Database and Operations and maintain timely and accurate notes in Raiser’s Edge to reflect activity;
- Work with prospect research and Major Gifts teams to identify and qualify donors based on capacity, interest, linkage and readiness for mid-level or major gift or legacy gift;
- Collaborate with Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement to ensure appropriate recognition and stewardship of assigned donors;
- Work closely with Director, Annual Programs and the Marketing & Communications team in developing a data-driven strategy for mid-level donors in direct marketing campaigns; helps with mid-level donor segmentation strategies where necessary and carry out personal follow-up for maximum fundraising impact;
- Other duties, as assigned
What you bring to the position:
- University degree /college diploma in relevant field required.
- A minimum of three years of progressive fundraising experience; experience in healthcare philanthropy would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in annual or mid-level giving and supporting major gifts and planned giving prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation;
- Proven ability to solicit and close donor gifts at the $1,000 – $25,000 level, maintain and build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers;
- Must be proficient with Raiser´s Edge donor software;
- General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards preferred as evidenced by a combination of relevant work, education or professional development;
Your competencies include:
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Experience with Adobe InDesign would be considered an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to successfully manage multiple priorities in a hectic and results oriented environment;
- A flexible team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and support colleagues and motivated to achieve results;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends (with lieu time provided);
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career. The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000+ annually, dependent on experience.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on Friday August 18, 2023. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J0723-0939
Job Title: Philanthropy Officer, Mid-Level
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Associate Vice-President, Gift & Estate Planning
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated: July 21, 2023
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023; applicants may be screened throughout application period