Reporting to: Senior Director, Philanthropy
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP (ICC)
Canada’s future relies on immigrants not just coming here but staying here and becoming active, engaged citizens. The ICC’s goal is to unlock Canada for newcomers.
Our programs include:
- The Canoo Access Pass, which welcomes hundreds of thousands of newcomers to Canada by providing free access, via its app, to our national partner network of over 1400 parks, museums, galleries, science centres and other sports and cultural attractions
- Building Citizenship, which sees the ICC host 60 enhanced citizenship ceremonies each year nationwide.
- Ideas and Insights, our research and advocacy arm.
Our organization stands on the precipice of explosive growth. Fundraising is a critical part of that growth, and we are currently seeking a Philanthropy Specialist to join our team. Our team is incredibly driven and passionate about our work. If you’re looking for a diverse and exciting workplace, this is it!
The ICC office is in downtown Toronto, with some team members working remotely in different locations.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy, you will possess a high level of enthusiasm for our work and for fundraising and will cover a broad range of duties to support the ICC’s fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting Major Gifts, Annual Fund and Mid-Level giving campaigns
- Conducting ongoing coordination to support solicitation and stewardship of donors, prospects and potential partners, and work with the Senior Director to prioritize outreach, based on aligned interests and goals
- Assisting with the research of prospects through Grant Connect, web research, and iWave platforms
- Help with the collection of content for fundraising proposals
- Support continual updates of donor activities, communication and gifts in Salesforce
- Support the digitization of historical donor data, data entry and tracking of donations and relationship information in Salesforce
- Drafting and sending of letters to donors
- Support Gift Administrator in ongoing gift processing
- Assist in scheduling and logistics of donor meetings and small-scale events
- Generate content for social media, and the web for fundraising campaigns
What You Bring
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and the Canadian not-for-profit sector
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to work independently, and manage competing priorities in a high-volume and results-oriented environment
- Related education/training and/or 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated success in proofreading and editing
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with the team and across departments
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
- Experience with fundraising databases and CRMs (we use Salesforce)
- A base salary of $57,750.00-$63,000.00 depending on experience
- A bilingualism (French/English) premium of 10% of base salary for qualifying candidates
- A comprehensive benefits package, including extended health and dental benefits
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the team, as well as professional development and training opportunities
Interested? Great! Please submit your cover letter and CV to jmadorsky@inclusion no later than November 18, 2022. We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Institute for Canadian Citizenship is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs.