Project Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
Under direction of the Director, Integrated Marketing and Development, the Project Coordinator, Marketing & Communications is responsible for coordinating & planning the production and distribution of marketing & communications projects. Once projects are complete, the incumbent will also be responsible for reporting on project results (when applicable). The Project Coordinator, Marketing and Communications will direct and edit the work of MarComm Team members (staff and volunteers) and third-party vendors when related to project work, to ensure projects are completed on time.
· Communication – Oral and Written
· Attention to Detail
· Time Management
· Conflict Management
- Coordinate with MarComm Staff/Volunteers and third-party vendors to support the execution of campaigns.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules. Manage a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Ensure project deadlines are met. Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Create post-campaign reports.
- Work with Director, Integrated Marketing and Development to create and implement Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Coordinate the execution of the MarComm Plan across our channels.
- Coordinate requests from internal stakeholders.
- Create work back schedules and timelines to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Edit, provide feedback and address marketing/communication projects and requests. This will involve drafting, creating, and designing content upon occasion.
- Ensure (Canto) asset manager software is maintained and up to date.
- Be an active and engaged member of the Marketing team, ensuring to maintain a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Placing animal welfare first and foremost in daily tasks and working as an integral member of Toronto Humane Society team committed to achieving our organizational mission.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and in-service training to further education, skills, and training.
- Foster, promote, support and drive inclusion and influence others to promote, embrace and progress Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Toronto Humane Society.
- Be aware of and work within the regulations of all Toronto Humane Society policies and protocols.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA and its regulations including understanding and adhering to the requirements of the Health and Safety Manual and any other rules and regulations established by Toronto Humane Society.
- Other duties as required in the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Communications or Business.
- 2-3 years of marketing or communications experience.
- Oran equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essentials duties of the role.
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proactive approach to strategic communication.
- Excellent understanding of project management including planning, estimating and executing.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to prioritize, manage timelines and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience and knowledge with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in content creation (ideation, copywriting, editing and some video/design skills) and understand how to create engaging and relevant content for different digital channels, specifically social media with a consistent brand.
- Operational knowledge of Toronto Humane Society or other animal welfare organizations is an asset.
- An enthusiastic and energetic attitude to contribute to the Integrated Marketing and Development Team.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and speed to market while managing multiple projects.
- Superior interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Organized with meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Operation of computer, phone, smart-phone, camera and peripherals
- Interaction with the public, employees, volunteers and management
- Working in a busy office environment with the ability to work from home
- Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, odors, noise extremes, hazardous materials, bright/dim lights, toxic agents, animal attacks, animal bites, disease, pathogenic substances, or rude/irate customers.
This position is non-unionized.
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
Toronto Humane Society is committed to building and sustaining a diverse and equitable workplace where people’s unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, respected, and welcome. We recognize that a diverse and empowered workforce helps us better serve our animals, clients, and community and contributes to Toronto Humane Society’s overall growth and success. Therefore, we strongly encourage qualified applications from underrepresented and equity-deserving groups within the animal welfare sector, including Indigenous, Black, racialized, immigrant, 2S/LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.