ProAction Cops & Kids is a charitable organization that brings cops and kids together in skill-building mentoring programs to build trust, respect and safer communities. We achieve this by raising funds to support police-led programs for under-resourced youth. We believe that establishing a positive relationship between cops and kids will strengthen our community today and for the future.
ProAction established its first chapter in Toronto in 1991 and since this time has opened new chapters in Durham Region, Hamilton, Halton and Peel Regions with plans for further expansion. Over the past 30 years, ProAction has distributed over 8.6 million dollars to support 2,300 police-led youth programs engaging over 422,000 young people through the leadership of our police partners.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall coordination of a new fundraising initiative that will benefit many Toronto based organizations and charities. ProAction Cops & Kids has secured the rights from Hasbro Inc. to develop a new Monopoly – Toronto Edition board game and has created this game by obtaining sponsorships from Toronto’s most iconic businesses, venues and charities. As Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will coordinate with all project partners and sponsors to grow revenue from sales of this game and related events.
Key activities include establishing and maintaining project plans, leading and supporting game sales, coordinating warehousing and distribution of games to purchasers, game related marketing and communications to promote sales, coordination of game related events and project financial tracking.
ProAction is a volunteer driven organization led by a national board of directors, volunteer council members representing five chapters and a small, dedicated staff team. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with ProAction’s Board, Chapter Councils, staff as well as donors, sponsors, police and community partners to achieve the organization’s ambitious fundraising goals.
This is a terrific opportunity to leverage project management skills and experience on an exciting initiative while supporting Toronto communities.
Key Responsibility of this position is overall coordination of the project including:
- Monitor and update project activities and timelines to ensure all activities are completed as schedule and that any newly introduced activity is incorporated in project plans.
- Prioritize activities to ensure sponsor requests, timelines, acknowledgements and specific deliverables are met.
- Develop effective working relationships with project sponsors, partners and volunteers to support sales.
- Ensure all partner agreements and contracts are in order and special conditions are upheld.
Fund Development, product sales and distribution:
- Work with the Executive Director and collaborate with ProAction’s Board of Directors, Chapter Councils, senior level volunteers, project partners and sponsors to achieve project fundraising and sales objectives.
- Prospect and coordinate game sales through campaigns, event planning, and sales outreach.
- Coordinate warehousing and distribution of games to purchasers.
- Coordinate game related event planning activities and promotions including sponsorship outreach and sales.
- Lifting, packing, carrying, and loading will be required in this role.
- Track and document project related revenues and expenses. Reconcile and generate financial reports as needed.
- Update sales forecasts based on prospects and actual sales and expenses monthly.
Marketing & Communications:
- Coordinate with ProAction’s team, partners and sponsors to develop and deliver a coordinated communications and marketing plan that will promote game sales and achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain clear communication on sales and marketing activities with ProAction team members and project sponsors/partners to ensure full sponsor/partner engagement.
- Build brand awareness internally and externally in collaboration with staff, Board, volunteers, police and project partners.
- Develop, design and produce project related print, website, digital and social media materials to develop high-quality and compelling materials for donor, funder and sponsor cultivation, solicitation, reporting and stewardship.
- Work in collaboration with partnering police services’ media officers and communications departments to maximize reach.
- Support stewardship and reporting activities to funders, partners and the broader community.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you can bring:
- University degree or college diploma in a related discipline preferably in project management, fundraising and/or marketing.
- A proven track record of project management including tracking financials, revenue generation, communications, and events planning.
- Experience with chain supply management and product distribution.
- Proficient at social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website management.
- Experience working with a volunteer board of directors.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and hardworking with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without compromising quality, efficiency or deadlines.
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario is required. Having a valid G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle to accommodate work and travel across the Greater Toronto Area is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, experience with fundraising databases is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility, discretion and decision making.
- Good understanding of social issues relating to police and children.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Work-from-home space with high-speed internet connection.
COVID -19 Vaccination Requirements: ProAction Cops & Kids is committed to the health and safety of its team members and follows the vaccination mandate of Toronto Police Services. At this time, successful candidates for our employment opportunities must meet the definition of fully vaccinated as prescribed by the province of Ontario against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To apply for this position, applicants must be willing to undergo a police clearance check, complete a consent to disclosure of personal information and provide references and documentation of credentials as requested.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 15, 2022. We encourage you to apply early.
ProAction thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.