Prospect Research Officer
We are seeking a permanent full-time Prospect Research Officer to join Weizmann Canada’s (About Us) high-performing team. You will be responsible for helping to increase financial support for the Weizmann Institute of Science. You will perform proactive and ongoing prospecting and research to identify potential donors and maintain existing data on current donors and potential donors. You will also play an important role in the refinement of the existing prospect management system and utilization of RENXT by the team. Reporting to the Associate Director, Prospect Research, you will support a team of fundraisers and volunteers across Canada.
This position is based in Toronto or Montreal. The role is hybrid.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Brings previous experience successfully supporting major gift fundraisers
- The ideal candidate will have a university degree in business, marketing, research, information science or other related field; post-graduate degree in library and information science preferred
- 3 plus years of fundraising, prospect management and research experience preferred
- Capital or fundraising campaign experience is beneficial
- Familiarity with the scientific research sector preferred
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge/NXT
- Bilingualism (French & English) is beneficial
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Experience in creating and maintaining tools to accurately track donors and relationship building activities
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters of discretion, highly sensitive and confidential material and possess a high degree of integrity, with an understanding of relevant privacy legislation and ethical obligations under the Donor Bill of Rights and APRA/AFP’s ethics and professional standards
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in close collaboration with Weizmann Canada teammates
- Conducting thorough research to develop high-quality and well-written profiles on individuals, corporations/businesses, foundations and any other organization that will support Weizmann Canada’s fundraising activities, with a focus on major gifts
- Identifying and qualifying prospects for Weizmann Canada’s fundraising priorities and to maintain a robust major gift pipeline, with a focus on donors that have $1M+ capacity
- Employing a range of tools for identifying and qualifying prospects, including data mining and relationship mapping, and craft persuasive rationales for qualifying prospects
- Monitoring media alerts on specific themes, issues and prospects.
- Preparing and disseminating relevant news and updates to appropriate stakeholders
- Conducting ad-hoc news searches as required for due diligence on potential partners
- Updating donor records with information obtained through prospect research, and ensure that all donor and prospect records are kept up to date and accurate in both the donor database and in SharePoint
- Participating in planning sessions and team meetings, and suggesting new best practices, tools and techniques
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellent client service and professionalism.
- Maintaining membership in APRA Canada and adhering to the association’s ethics and professional standards
- Other duties as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain open until filled.
Weizmann Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.