North York General Foundation
Are You Who We’re Looking For?
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally and we were recently named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
If you can imagine yourself working together to support the hospital’s strategic plan called Thinking Beyond then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital,’ our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
NYGH Foundation is growing its research team and this new position will be responsible for a number of research initiatives to help strengthen our fundraising performance. The role of Research Coordinator contributes to the implementation of NYGH’s strategic vision for the future as we start our biggest fundraising campaign ever. The Research Coordinator will be a skilled analyst with drive and initiative to be an active part of a team that will take research insights and immediately put them into meaningful engagement.
The Research Coordinator reports to the Senior Researcher Officer and works to support the Foundation’s fundraising team. The successful candidate will provide information and recommendations to support complex fundraising approaches, strategies, and proposals that drive decisions and actions. The successful candidate will assist with rating the potential of donors and prospective donors by assessing financial, business, and personal information, affinity to NYGH, community engagement, corporate and social connections, interests, and potential risks. The Research Coordinator will assist with writing reports and financial summaries to support the cultivation and solicitation of major donors. More specifically, the Research Coordinator:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist Senior Research Officer with prospect identification strategies.
- Assists in creating briefs and related research products on behalf of Research team.
- Undertake data entry and data management projects as related to fundraising practices.
- Maintains database entities related to the Research team’s portfolio to ensure proper storage and ease of access to materials.
- Manages prospect research related documents ensuring all products are kept up to date and accessible through all Foundation repositories.
- Formats and assists with creating customizable reports and related documents to assist in pipeline development.
- Support pipeline development efforts by attending pipeline development meetings, develops an understanding of Foundation fundraising priorities and demonstrates ability to effectively assist major gift staff.
- Engage in media monitoring by analyzing industry, business, and financial news targeted to fundraising and hospital priorities. Creates customized briefs that communicate relevant information to key parties in a manner that guides decision-making.
- Perform duties as required to assist in achieving organizational goals.
- The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree, preference will be given to those with a Master’s in Library Science or related field.
- A post-graduate certificate, and/or additional education in development and professional development for superlative excel skills are an asset.
- Demonstrate an interest in perusing a career as a fundraising professional, particularly in a healthcare setting.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability and record of success in supporting research.
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong organizational, research and information-gathering skills.
- Ability to interpret, synthesize and articulate complex concepts into terms that are understandable and compelling to donors and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and relay information clearly, concisely and timely.
- Knowledge of Black Baud’s Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset or willingness to learn.
- Experience using the Microsoft Suite of applications (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters of discretion, highly sensitive and confidential material and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and ethics outlined in the Donor Bill of Rights and APRA’s ethics and professional standards.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely manner and have the ability to collaborate as a team.
- Expert organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit.
- Flexible and supportive team member.
Position: Full-Time, Permanent.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector. The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by October 18, 2022.
Please reference “Research Coordinator” in the subject line. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. References will be required.