Senior Advancement Writer
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Hennick Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do, from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
As a member of the Brand & Marketing content team, the Senior Advancement Writer’s primary focus is to create templated and customized proposals and impact reports for donors. They have experience working in print and digital and help to create compelling cultivation and stewardship materials that delight donors and highlight our signature areas of care and campaigns. They do this by becoming subject matter experts across Sinai Health’s areas of care and by building meaningful partnerships with the Philanthropy Team and the physicians, researchers and staff at Sinai Health and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute.
The Senior Advancement Writer identifies challenges and opportunities, and suggests solutions that balance fundraising priorities and the needs of the donor, to attract significant philanthropic investment. The Senior Advancement Writer provides writing and editing support for Foundation colleagues, as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meets with stakeholders in Philanthropy, Sinai Health, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and others as required to gather required content and then translate complex medical and scientific information into compelling materials, helping inform and refine donor cultivation and communication strategies
- Interviews patients, family caregivers and donors to capture and share their experiences
- Identifies existing content that can be repurposed to help achieve project goals
- Produces copy for donor-facing proposals, cultivation documents, presentation slides, scripts, letters, etc. working in PowerPoint and InDesign as required
- Develops copy for the digital space when we are creating multi-channel proposals and/or updates for donors
- Partners with colleagues on the Brand & Marketing team to share, develop and adapt content and inform production of documents for design and print production
- Lays out “in-house” proposal documents and slide decks, utilizing Foundation Brand templates and following Brand guidelines
- Additional writing and editing support as required.
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relevant communications field; a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience, preferably in a healthcare fundraising environment
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth research to frame highly complex medical ideas, concepts and accomplishments in lay language, and to combine inputs from multiple players into inspiring and motivating prose
- Excels at developing relationships, based on trust, integrity and results, with clinicians, researchers, and Foundation stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with professionalism and clarity in daily work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and InDesign
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility and multitasking under pressing deadlines
- Professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.