Senior Annual Giving Officer
SENIOR ANNUAL GIVING OFFICER
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to address the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day-to-day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally and we were recently named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
If you can imagine yourself working together to support the hospital’s strategic plan called Thinking Beyond North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, expanding our team and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving & Database, as a member of the Annual team, the Senior Annual Giving Officer is responsible for exceptional organizational support for North York General Hospital Foundation’s annual giving and digital fundraising program, including supporting growth and retention strategies. This role also plays an integral role on the Database Team responsible for the overall architecture and maintenance of the foundation’s Raiser’s Edge Database.
Direct response fundraising:
- Assist in the execution of various integrated annual giving campaign activations using direct mail, digital marketing, telemarketing, and other tactics to support donor retention and growth.
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications team to implement multi-channel campaigns to various donor segments including mid-level donors and monthly donors.
- Work with the Donor Experience team to ensure proper broad-based stewardship activities take place while using judgement to identify annual donors that require more individual personalized stewardship; contribute to stewardship strategy for monthly giving retention and growth strategies.
- Manage vendors and suppliers (e.g., Canada Post, Direct Mail and Telemarketing agencies, etc.) ensuring budgets and deadlines are met.
- Execute programs and strategies while considering the movement / upgrade between annual, planned giving and major gift programs.
- Contribute to development of targets for revenue, donors, retention, and reactivation.
- Generate analytical reports on all annual campaigns and donors, providing and implementing recommendations to improve fundraising results.
- Assist in the development, growth and maintenance of the tribute program including distribution of thank you cards, as well as the Baby Wall program.
- Participate in, and/or lead prospect and donor thank you calls in person, by phone and online for mid-level and Tribute donors
- Play a key role in the overall architecture and maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintaining overall data integrity through clean up projects and ongoing integrity checks.
- Preparing database standards and ensuring compliance to established procedures.
- Assist in data pulls & list management, including monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Plays an important role with the use of third-party analytical tools to help create and target donor groups and create personas through direct mail, digital, stewardship as well as aiding in prospect identification through various segmentation and onboarding methods.
Experience and education Skills and qualities:
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive related direct marketing experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive related experience in Raiser’s Edge generating mail lists, creating reports in Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and confidence interacting with a range of constituents while using tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Experience working with third party demographic and psychographic tools for segmentation and analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Office 365/SharePoint, Power BI and AKA Raisin an asset.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent working experience.
- A passion for donor-centric, best-in-class fundraising.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative, make sound decisions, and collaborate with team members.
Full Time Permanent. Occasional weekend, early morning or evening hours may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a starting salary range of $70,000-$85,000. Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by July 12, 2022. Please reference Senior Annual Giving Officer in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a fit. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.