Senior Campaign Coordinator
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s mission to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation just achieved an incredible $250 Million campaign milestone – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – but our work is not done. The Ultimate Campaign built and equipped Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital and helped enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital; going forward, our fundraising efforts will ensure a steady flow of resources to attract the very best talent, advance excellence in our programs and services and secure the latest equipment and technology as we focus on providing the best possible outcomes for every patient who comes through our doors.
Reporting to the Director, Campaigns, and working closely with the President & CEO, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns provides support to the Campaign team to assist with achieving the goals and objectives in the campaign business plan. The Senior Coordinator, Campaigns will provide a high level of administrative support to the senior fundraising team, including the President & CEO. Under the general direction of the Director, Campaigns, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns is responsible for coordinating the solicitation of prospective donors and stewardship of current donors to the campaign as well as other special initiatives. This role requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact and mature judgement.
- Provides support to the senior fundraising team on revenue generation for Transformational, Leadership & Major Gifts prospects.
- Proactively support and develop effective and innovative approaches to major gift solicitation strategies with assigned committees and key volunteers in positioning Mackenzie Health with a wide variety of donor prospects.
- Participates in prospect clearance and review sessions with the campaign team to ensure there is no simultaneous engagement of the same prospects.
- Develop key institutional and philanthropic-related messages and compelling communications through the direction and preparation of major gift proposals, solicitation letters, and other materials for donors and prospective donors, under direction and using templates.
- In collaboration with Executive Assistant, coordinates calendar of the President & CEO and Vice President, Philanthropy, for all prospective donor interactions including meeting logistics and required presentation materials.
- Under direction and in partnership with the Campaigns team, provides support with activities related to the management of the prospect pipeline to identify, engage, and grow new and current funding sources and relationships.
- Monitors donor activity, ensuring contact reports and follow up actions are recorded in Raiser’s Edge and completed for the President & CEO and the Senior Fundraising staff.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with key stakeholders (prospects, donors, volunteers and Mackenzie Health Hospital and Foundation staff).
- Submits timely reports on fundraising activities to Senior Fundraising Team.
- Develops solicitation priorities and donor/prospect visitations schedules Senior Fundraising staff, including President & CEO, Vice President, Philanthropy, and key volunteers.
- Provides staff support for volunteer committees supporting campaign fundraising.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned, taking responsibility from inception to completion.
- Together with Stewardship team, coordinate senior fundraising team to deliver superior donor relations, to retain and upgrade support.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience/training required.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Experience in fundraising for a healthcare organization an asset.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and summarize large quantities of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient during an intensive period of planning and development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focus approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Relevant donor software experience (such as Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as Adobe InDesign and Photo Shop an asset.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health’s Occupational Health and Safety department.