Senior Communications Officer, Video Producer
1 Full Time Position
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a nimble and passionate Senior Communications Officer who is enthusiastic about story telling in all its forms and who understands the importance of producing and curating both written and video content for diverse audiences and stakeholders that celebrates and brings to life our mission and vision and inspires philanthropy. This is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a team player and eager to apply their skills to champion health equity.
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation. Today we are home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
We have chosen an ambitious vision, to revolutionize healthcare for a healthier and more equitable world. And we are achieving this bold objective as a unified organization, together with you – our patients, caregivers, thought leaders and generous donors.
In 2019 we launched Women’s Virtual, Canada’s first virtual hospital, as part of our mandate to address issues and find systemic solutions to improve population health, and in 2021 we became the home for Ontario’s first and only Centre for Digital Health Evaluation, which brings together a world class, multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians, patients, health policy makers, and engineers from across Ontario, to provide a single access point for all digital health evaluation needs across the province.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our bold new strategic vision to change the future of healthcare for all, we are also committed to being the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
Reporting to the Director, Integrated Communications and Brand, the Senior Communications Officer is our primary story teller. Equally adept at writing powerful narrative and creating dynamic and inspiring video, this team member brings our mission to life. They write empathetic patient and donor stories, and bring to life through photography and video, our brand mission. The Senior Communications Officer produces in house videos for the purposes of donor impact reporting and for digital story telling; is our in house exceptional photographer; provides writing support for our proposals and contributes strategic input during our editorial and communications planning.
- Photography (to support events, donor and patient stories, and editorial)
- In house video (producing video for stewardship reporting, proposals, digital)
- Senior level writing support for proposals for proposals and stewardship reports $1M+
- Editor for written publications
Skills, Experience and Key Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communications or marketing-related field
- 4 year related post secondary degree or 3 year post secondary diploma
- Passion for effective visual storytelling
- High level of creativity, with a strong eye for design
- Demonstrated proficiency for photography
- Highly skilled video producer and videographer
- Proven experience with effective storyboarding
- Highly skilled with entire Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Photoshop
- Experience producing sophisticated webinars via Zoom and/or other platforms for audiences of up to 300.
- Experience working in the not for profit sector
- Preference for healthcare or hospital foundation experience.
- Highly detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- A goal-oriented self starter
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, such as a willingness and capacity to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000. Eligibility for Merit Pay and comprehensive benefits including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrollment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter by Monday August 15, 2022
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE and click on the “I am Interested” button at the bottom of the page.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and interviews booked therefore early submission is encouraged.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Foundation and Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants are asked to make their requirements known in advance.