Senior Coordinator, Digital Engagement
Compensation: $55,000 Plus a comprehensive benefits package.
You will participate in the hospital benefits program including HOOPP defined-benefit pension, maternity leave top-up, group life insurance, short and long-term disability, minimum 3 weeks vacation plus float days. Our Foundation has a flexible hybrid work environment with additional incentives, funding and time off for personal wellness and development, innovation and equity learning, and significant opportunities for advancement.
About the role
The Senior Coordinator, Digital Engagement plays a key role in sharing the story of Holland Bloorview outside our walls, with donors, partners, clients, volunteers and others. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand and Public Engagement, the Senior Coordinator, Digital Engagement is responsible for raising the profile of Holland Bloorview primarily by developing and coordinating content on social media channels and the website. The position will play a key role in using digital tools to acquire new donors and supporters.
This position will work closely with all members of the Communications and Public Engagement (CPE) team and staff from across the organization. Holland Bloorview’s communications and public engagement (CPE) team is comprised of both hospital and Foundation colleagues. Working in unison, they build brand awareness, promote acceptance and inclusion of childhood disability, and engage the community to support philanthropic giving to Holland Bloorview.
About Holland Bloorview Foundation
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability inclusion, research, care and academic leadership. In partnership with the hospital, our mission is to inspire the community to help Holland Bloorview create the most meaningful and healthy futures for all children, youth and families.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $15 million dollars annually and creates public engagement to eliminate disability stigma. It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team embarks on our next five-year plan, Daring Together, with fresh strategies to inspire community. The Senior Coordinator, Digital Engagement will play an instrumental role in our success. Join us!
What we care about at the Holland Bloorview Foundation:
We shake up old ways of doing things. We push the boundaries and create sector-leading fundraising experiences. We try, fail, and try again, only this time better.
We believe in the power of community to do good, and go out of our way to say thank you. We value the small and the large, the old and the new, and treat our community with respect and gratitude.
We value and amplify diverse voices – both in our workplace and in our work. We commit to ensuring our fundraising and communications practices are inclusive and that our vision includes all voices.
We lead with empathy, compassion, and respect. We work as a team, trusting and empowering each other to get things done, and rolling up our sleeves to help each other out when we need to. We have each other’s backs, and recognize that ultimately, we’re all working toward the same goal of creating a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
We find lightness and joy and support each other through the tough times. We share laughter, celebrate successes, and bring our whole selves to the workplace.
We are thoughtful stewards of our community’s donations and our client’s stories. We live our values every day, and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Responsibilities and Requirements of Holland Bloorview Foundation’s Senior Coordinator, Digital Engagement
- Create and execute innovative and compelling social media content that engages audiences, strengthens Holland Bloorview’s reputation, and advances the organization’s brand, advocacy, and fundraising objectives
- Create and manage annual social media editorial calendar for the organization including internally and externally sourced content, and custom posting strategy for each platform and audience
- Create and manage creative assets for social media platforms including photography, graphics, video, and animation
- Provide excellent community management across all platforms to engage supporters and donors and lead issues management response strategy for social media channels
- Develop and monitor internally-managed paid digital advertising campaigns, and collaborate on strategy for agency-managed campaigns
- Analyze social performance against set key performance indicators and industry benchmarks, and make recommendations for future campaigns and content
- Lead Holland Bloorview affiliated social media account strategy from proposal stage, to ongoing support and evaluation
- Keep current on social media trends, best practices and leading voices and use in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and how users engage with each to deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Act as subject matter expert and facilitate training sessions to share social media best practices for staff members
- Act as Foundation lead for organizational website and conduct website updates as needed
Teamwork & Communications
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with direct colleagues and internal and external stakeholders
- Act as the main point of contact for social media requests, and provide ongoing support and training to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for sharing project updates with stakeholders, clearly communicating timelines and participating in cross-collaborative idea generation and problem-solving
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years work experience in social media marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in the area of digital marketing, social media and analytics, and desire to continuously learn as the landscape evolves
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills with a flare for creativity
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to disability and social justice
- Computer skills and experience in software applications for word-processing, web content management, video production, publishing, analytics, and design (e.g. Word-Press, Drupal, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sprout Social, Keyhole etc.).
- Ability to translate content for multiple audiences, and to analyze and concisely summarize information
- Experience working with children and/or with historically marginalized populations an asset
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field considered an asset
The Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation has a permanent hybrid work-from-home and in-person work culture. The majority of the responsibilities associated with this role can be done virtually, but some, such as covering an in-hospital event or initiative, cannot. Our ideal candidate is flexible to be on site at the hospital (150 Kilgour Rd, Toronto, ON) when required. We are extremely proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s most accessible hospitals, and certified GOLD by the Rick Hansen Foundation.
Our commitment to equity is grounded in an institution-wide commitment to achieving a working, teaching, and learning environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Holland Bloorview Foundation actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To apply, please visit https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities