Senior Coordinator, Philanthropy
CARE Canada is looking for a Senior Coordinator, Philanthropy
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
CARE Canada’s bold new Strategic Plan, From Caring Comes Courage (2021 – 2024), sets out CARE Canada’s commitment to bring all of our resources, talent, and expertise to unlock women’s leadership for a gender-just future. It recognizes that to lead change and realize a better life for herself and her community, every woman needs to be safe, healthy and have a dignified livelihood. It also fundamentally realizes that ‘business as usual’ is no longer good enough: this Plan challenges us to reimagine how we achieve our mission, inspire Canadian investment in our mission and our work, and transform our organization to be future-ready.
The Public Engagement Unit drives CARE Canada’s externally facing initiatives and is fundamental to our goal of inspiring Canadians to join us in this journey with a brave and bold voice, innovative partnerships and sustainable, innovative and balanced revenue sources. The Senior Coordinator, Philanthropic Giving, reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, will implement overall fundraising plan strategies for the Planned Giving and Private/Public Foundation portfolios.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience working in fund development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly for donor communications.
- An interest in pursuing your Certified Association of Gift Planners) certification.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other related fundraising databases.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally, with team members at all levels, and ability to project manage and implement complex projects.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and comfort managing through ambiguity.
- Experience in relationship building, demonstrated professionalism, service-orientation, excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
A university degree or college diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Starting Salary Range between $62,000 – $67,000, depending on skills and experience.
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply), and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services.
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure.
- International travel opportunities.
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training.
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please apply directly at https://bit.ly/3HonVlu before March 14, 2022. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once candidate has been identified. We are only able to consider candidates who currently have the right to work in Canada.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.