Senior Development Manager
Title: Senior Development Manager
Term: Full-time (44 hours per week)
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: $65,000 (annual)
Application Deadline: January 9, 2022
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, the Senior Development Manager is an essential permanent member of a high-performance, collaborative administrative team and is responsible for leading and maximizing Factory’s contributed revenue programs. This position is responsible for maintaining active and productive relationships with our donors, sponsors, grantors, and volunteers, and developing short- and long-term strategies for realizing revenue goals.
CORE OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and strengthen Factory’s base of private sector support and developing new resource partnerships.
- Work with the company leadership and Board, conceptualizing, implementing and managing all annual fundraising campaigns, activities, and events including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving and endowment, and special campaigns.
- Lead in the creation of long-term strategy and non-annual campaigns such as planned giving and capital with the Managing Director, Artistic Director, and the Board.
- Expand Factory’s base of individual donors through acquisition, retention and strengthening of individual donor relationships through annual campaigns and donor appreciation events, plus other creative strategies.
- Maintain and strengthen Factory’s core corporate and foundation supporters.
- Develop relationships with new and existing in-kind partners.
- Event management and execution for all fundraising and donor events, including pre/post show receptions, galas, other social events.
- Generating copy and content for reporting, proposals, and campaigns.
- Fundraising administration including management of accurate ongoing records of revenue and expense targets, tax receipt administration, donor communications, database maintenance, and audit trail. Maintenance and upkeep of active annual and campaign operations plans.
- Monthly financial reporting for the Board of Directors and sitting as the lead staff member of the Board Institutional Advancement Committee.
- Collaborate with communications department on schedules and content for key external activities such as campaigns and the annual report.
- Participate as a full team member of the Factory Theatre staff and assume responsibility for special projects and committee work as required.
A collaborative, creative, and strategic thinking individual with a minim five years experience non-profit fundraising. Strong relationship management skills, copy writing abilities, and organizational capacity is a must, a working knowledge of the local and national theatre ecology is an asset.
Eligible for participation in group health benefits plan. New Factory employees start with 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid personal leave, and 10 days un-paid leave. Flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work is required. Access to a shared employee fund for professional development, including travel and event/performance tickets where appropriate. Eligible for hybrid office hours as only some tasks require in-person presence at office/theatre. Factory operates on Windows, MS Office / Outlook, Discord, Spektrix (CRM database), and Airtable. Graphic and web design skills are an asset but not required.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and two professional or personal references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7pm on January 9, 2022.
Factory is committed to equity, accessibility, and transparency at all points in the recruitment and hiring process. If you are experiencing any obstacles relating to the application, proposed deadline, or interview dates, please contact email@example.com and we will work to meet your needs.