Senior Development Officer
What Are We About:
Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario… a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses.
We are also extremely proud of our more than 80,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
Who Are We:
The Advancement and Alumni Relations Department supports Fleming College’s priorities by engaging our community of alumni, friends, and corporate partners with projects and programs that matter to them most. We aim to build long-term mutually-beneficial relationships that advance the College’s core academic, research and community engagement missions for the betterment of our students and faculty members. In addition, we provide program and services to 80,000 alumni and facilitate philanthropic giving from alumni, donors, parents and friends.
What This Position is About:
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for engaging with alumni and donors to inspire increased major gifts to Fleming College. Funding is to be secured through philanthropic and grant proposals made to private corporations, organizations, foundations, and individuals including alumni and community members.
The incumbent is responsible for the full scope of activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors for a number of Schools at Fleming College. Fundraising projects include a variety of strategic College priorities, including student financial support, program and research support, gift in kind, and building campaigns.
The incumbent actively participates in department strategy development, alumni relations, and sound information management through Raisers Edge. They work closely with the Dean(s)/academic leader(s) and their office to enhance School engagement with alumni and donors.
This position has been designated as hybrid/partially remote and is expected on-site 50% of the time.
For More Information:
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out Life@Fleming.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum, three-year degree or diploma preferably in Marketing, Fundraising, Business, Communications or Sales.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is preferred.
- Five years of experience in senior-level major gift fundraising with a proven track record involving face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and relationship management. Experience in higher education fundraising desirable.
- Excellent relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal and communication, networking, and negotiating skills. Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably and professionally with a wide range of internal and external constituents such as staff, volunteers, donors, and alumni.
- Experience working with and motivating senior level leaders, volunteers, and board members is essential.
- Superior written communication and proposal writing skills with attention to detail.
- Effective project management, organizational, and analytical skills with ability to independently monitor and meet goals that align with department business plans.
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Proven capacity to take initiative, be proactive, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Access, Publisher.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software to support fundraising efforts and tracking of moves management and strong prospect research skills.
Please Note – Admin
Please note that in addition to the salary range listed above, you will be eligible for performance-based incentives, in accordance with the College’s administrative compensation program and practices.
How To Apply
Internal Candidates can apply by going here: My Self Service > Recruiting > Careers or My Campus > Career Opportunities
External candidate can apply by visiting our website: http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Fleming College is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Staff, our Faculty and our Administration including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail HR@flemingcollege.ca.